Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 12:05 AM

Default Level of competition at SNGs at the Mirage

Am going to Vegas next weekend and want to play some of $175 buy-in sngs at the Mirage. I have played thousands of $100-$300 sngs online with good success. But I have only played 2 MTTS live and about a dozen or so cash games live.

Since these sngs appear to be the highest dollar ones that I can find, will they draw the better players? How good are the players compared to the online players?

How good is the competition? Other higher buy in sngs in Vegas? Kind of surprised that $175 was the highest buy-in sngs I saw on allvegaspoker.com.

How do the live players compare to the better online players? particularly on weekend evenings when I suspect when I suspect you get your fair share of drunk fish?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Level of competition at SNGs at the Mirage

It depends on the the day. Usually there are at least 2 or 3 dead spots, sometimes more depending on how many tourists in town. Play is ok, it turns into a shove fest pretty fast, with the 15 minute levels (its like one orbit per level, give or take) You should do ok.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Level of competition at SNGs at the Mirage

I wanted to make the same question, but I am looking for lower buy ins, where should I head to?