Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Default Falcons hire Bobby Petrino

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Don't see him as a fit with Vick, but for that matter who is...

Oh, and as a Kentucky fan: WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!11111

GG LOUSYVILLE
Old 01-07-2007, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Falcons hire Bobby Petrino

[ QUOTE ]
Before the season, Petrino signed a 10-year, $25 million contract with Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich. Petrino had previously interviewed with Auburn, LSU, Notre Dame and the Oakland Raiders for other jobs, but announced in August that he would be at Louisville for the long haul.

"I can't tell you how happy I am with the commitment and the confidence that Tom Jurich has in me and the university has in me," Petrino said after signing the contract. "I also wanted to make sure that everyone understood, I know I've said it, that this is where my family wants to be. This is where I want to be. I want everyone to really believe it."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Nick Saban's gotta be happy... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

What would the downside be for a university to say, "Nope, you're gonna stay, you're gonna coach, you're gonna recruit, we're gonna watch you like a hawk, and anything less than your best effort we'll sue for breach of contract"?

I'm aware that most of these coaches have escape clauses in their contracts.

I'm long past the lol stage with coaches, but I think it would be hilarious to see a U get slappy. Perfect situ would've been Duke telling Shashevsky "Don't bother interviewing to be Kobe's towel boy, 'cause you're not going anywhere", a couple years ago.

Coaches. Bummer for any kids who early signed to LVille. "We expect these young men to honor their commitments..." lol
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bummer for any kids who early signed to LVille. "We expect these young men to honor their commitments..." lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that Louisville has the gall to say that kind of [censored] after the Brad Durham case, and while employing Rick Pitino, is why Kentucky hatred of Louisville is more justified than any other rival-hating-rival thing. Louisville is a joke of a school, employs evil people, and sucks at [censored] everything.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bummer for any kids who early signed to LVille. "We expect these young men to honor their commitments..." lol

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that Louisville has the gall to say that kind of [censored] after the Brad Durham case, and while employing Rick Pitino, is why Kentucky hatred of Louisville is more justified than any other rival-hating-rival thing. Louisville is a joke of a school, employs evil people, and sucks at [censored] everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaysus, forgot about Slick Rick. roflolofwqhriu. Talk about karma!
Old 01-07-2007, 10:39 PM

This probably decreases the chances of Brian Brohm coming back for his senior year.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one at Louisville said that and Pitino did not leave UK to become the Louisville basketball coach (not that that's working out too bad for UK anyway since UL is slightly more mediocre than UK at basketball). Brad Durham was handled poorly by all accounts.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't see him as a fit with Vick

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-07-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This probably decreases the chances of Brian Brohm coming back for his senior year.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, but its gonna be tough with quinn, smith and russell coming out.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:30 PM

Oh my...just logged in and saw this. Nothing more to add but wow...that was a quick hire.
Closed Thread