Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 03:55 AM

Default Flopping the nuts how did I play it?

I clearly play less aggressively if I don't have the King. All comments welcome

Poker Stars
Limit Omaha Ring game
Limit: $10/$20
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 6 players)
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (19.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP2 bets</font>, MP3 folds, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.75BB
Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Flopping the nuts how did I play it?

fantastically
Old 01-09-2007, 04:36 AM

Well I would like to agree. The results sucked though. The other player had 10 Qs Ks. He had a total freeroll. Of course I can't know that. Just wondering if its worth capping turn against two opponents. Even if the flush to hit will have to be runner runner?

Thanks, I respect your opinion.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:39 AM

still correct. also, remember u can improve too. altho slim, u can still pull a better straight for the scoop. the cappachino is good here. standard that they go perfects, but u did everything correct from what i can see

ni han
Old 01-09-2007, 02:18 PM

This doesn't look like O8.

In any case, opponent's 'freeroll' on the flop is not significantly better than yours. It's really only on the turn that he has something I'd call a freeroll. With that in mind, I guess you could have saved yourself a bet by not capping on the turn, since unless your opponent is a maniac he also has the nut str8. This would be doubly true if this were actually O8, since in addition to the spade flush freeroll you'd have to worry about a freeroll to the low that could quarter you.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:46 PM

Yes it is O/8. After the action on the flop I think we have the same hand. On the turn I'm sure of it.

I capped because; I thought I was chopping for high unless a 10 or Q came, then I would sweep. I also wanted to tax the low draw.

My general play when flopping the nut straight is just to play it smooth on the flop. When the flush and board doesn't pair on the turn then drill em. In this situation with no low draw and no flush draw I'm really in deep. That's why I was looking for feedback.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:57 PM

Ah, sorry, my mistake. I saw the table description 'Limit Omaha' and assumed otherwise. Anyway, yes, I hadn't really considered that you would have a nice freeroll against someone with *just* QTxx. More to the point though I was asleep at the wheel and didn't see that there were still three players in the hand at the turn. Given that, your play is perfectly good.