Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Recent story from my life with several beats (LONG)

<font color="blue">I know this is pretty damn long. I mainly wrote this for my own reflections sake. Someone might wanna actually read it all anyway, so I thought I'd post it. </font>

In October about a year ago, I was going to a concert with this friend of mine. We don't really hang out very often, but we have quite simmilar taste in music, so him and I go to concerts together. A couple of days before the concert, he gave me the msn of this girl who was also going. Talked a lot with her, she turned out to be real cool. Exchanged a lot of music with her and stuff, and kinda got to know her. Liked her a lot.

So at the concert, I got to meet her for the first time in person. Turned out she unfortunatley wasn't very good looking (variance). Despite this I of course continued being real nice to her. Chatting and having a good time outside the concert waiting.

This winter I went to two more concerts with him and his friends. She was there on those too. We were having an even better time than earlier, I really enjoy her company.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend asked me if I wanted to come to a surprise party for her birthday. I said yes of course, and it was a very good time. The folks at the party were all pretty awesome, just the kind of people that I like. I, just like most of the people there had plenty of beer. Like 20 minutes after I got there, this reasonably hot blonde girl started talking to me (brag).

I realize I'll get 1k angry reply posts if I don't post a picture, so here you go.

She was always smiling, very funny and her too had an awesome taste in music. Turns out she was the best friend of the other girl. The evening went on, we all drank, listened to music and had an awesome time.

As it gets late, people start leaving. In the end there are only the girls, my friend, me and some few other guys left. We relax, play some songs on the guitar and talk. I play the girls their favourite song. We all keep drinking.

It's like 3.30 in the night, and everybody starts falling asleep. Eventually everybody's asleep except me and the blonde chick. We're in the couch, we don't really say much. I start touching her and stuff, and we start kissing a while later. She lets me touch her down there, etc (brag.) We don't actually have sex though (beat).

Next morning the other people find us sleeping closely together. We all had to leave pretty early, so we tidy the place up, and go seperate ways. I give both the girls a hug before I leave, and that's all.

Week after that, I get her number from my friend. I really liked her as a person too, so I ask her out for the movies.

Several beats following:
I meet her outside the cinema, and she looks real worried. In a completley stressed out manner, she tells me that there's no way we can actually do this date (major beat). Turns out the other girl (her best friend) has been in love with me for like a year. I'm like WTF damn it. Anyway, I say let's go have a drink and talk about it.

We sit down at a café, and she explains the situation. She says she can't really get involved with me, because it would [censored] up their friendship. Her friend also said that she felt that she had stolen me from her on the party, and that she was the one who knew me first. I'm like man this sucks, but I guess I understand. We end up going to the movie anyway, just as friends though. During the film I feel really attracted to her, and get totally frustrated because I can't do anything. I'm like damn it, [censored] this.

So the week after that one, I'm talking a lot to her on msn and stuff. I find out I'll be home alone (I'm 17, living with my parents) on Friday. I impulsivley invite her over, and she says yes. We watch a movie, have some food, I play her a romantic song and we kiss a lot. We both kinda develop some feelings and stuff.

After that we saw each other every second day or so. During those days I felt better than I had in a long while. She dindn't tell anybody about me, she didn't want her friend to find out. So when she was going to meet me after school, she was always lieing to her friend and everybody about what she was doing. Pretty F'ed up.

In the christmas holiday she was going to Miami to visit her dad. I thought it sucked obviously, because I wouldn't be able to see her for two weeks. I slept over at her house the night she was leaving, and went with her to the airport in the middle of the night.

When she was over there, I didn't speak to her very often. I don't really like to have long talks with people on the phone, and when it's day in Miami, it's night in Norway. I really missed her though.

Like 5 days before she is coming back home, we speak on the phone. She says she wants to take a break in the relationship.(I wish this post could have more brags and less beats) She tells me it's because she feels very guilty for her best friend. She says she needs to talk about everything with her friend before we can end the break. I think that this doens't make sense. Why would she suddenly start caring about it now? I become a little afraid that she might have met some american dude or something. I call her the next day, asking her honestly, is there some other reason? She cries some and stuff, and says that really the reason is her friend. Tells me she doens't want me to feel rejected or anything. I'm all confused.

Now she is back home, and I still haven't seen her. I told her a break sucks, and we might as well just end it all, becuase I realize she probably won't be able to fix this with her friend. Still haven't met her since she came home.

Now I just hate everything... What really bugs me is that I'm not really sure if she didn't want me anymore, or if she really did it because she cares a lot about her friendship. That would be a good priority by her, but I have no idea wether she's telling me the truth about this.

Cliffnotes:
Brag: I had two girls wanting me at the same time.
Beat: Now I'm busto and I never actually got to nail her (that was gonna happen once she got home).
Variance: All this [censored] had to happen to me.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Recent story from my life with several beats (LONG)

I know your 17 and all, but this is so totally standard...It sure as hell didn't warrant an epic piece of prose like this [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 05:54 PM

Variance: If a chick's friend likes you, you generally aren't going to be able to date them.

Brag: You can probably nail her on the side though.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:54 PM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit

meh... any drama with chicks is great as long as they are hot chicks? (am I wrong?)
Old 01-05-2007, 05:55 PM

BBV IS ALL EMO NOW WTF

AUDIT THIS GRAPH PLEASE

HEY KIDS: LIFE SUCKS WHEN YOU'RE A VIRGIN, I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 PM

You were doing real well until you said you wanted to end it all completely. Girls don't really care about their friends and you would have ended up with her eventually anyways.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Your 17, this is stunningly standard. High school girls are nearly [censored] impossible to deal with if you value your sanity. Go nail a college chick.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You were doing real well until you said you wanted to end it all completely. Girls don't really care about their friends and you would have ended up with her eventually anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 PM

no threesome?

i was SURE that was where this post was going
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM

How bad is the first girl? Is she like super ugly, or just average. Post a pic.

Second, in these situations, I think the best response you can give is just a flat "ok". Ultimatums never work well.