Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Default NASCAER - Who will replace Jr in the 8 car?

I was trying to think of who would replace Jr in the 8 car. Or I guess I should say who will go to DEI? I don't have a clue of whoever goes there if they'll race under the number 8. (I kind of think they will as a dis from Teresa E)

Anyway I know it also depends on where Jr goes as to if someone might be newly unemployed.

If Jr went somewhere like RCR where a new team was created then it really wouldn't surprise me to see someone like Kenny Wallace or Ward Burton get a 1 year contract until some up and comer or someone better comes along.

But there's also been a rumor that Jr will go to Hendricks. Since there's a 4 car cap then Hendricks would be getting rid of someone. Who else would they get rid of but Casey Mears?

Would he go to DEI? Not that he's done much of anything but he's marketable.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: NASCAER - Who will replace Jr in the 8 car?

Some of the last word I heard had Dale potentially starting up his own team. Don't know anything beyond that, but that wasn't the point of this thread...

I think if Truex sticks around he probably gets promoted to the 8 if that's the way DEI wants to go. He seems to be their top younger guy and that's their marketable car. He says he's going to stick around, so that would be my guess unless they get someone more marketable.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:13 AM

What do die-hard nascar DE fans (the kind who threw full beer cans on the track when gordon won) think of this DEI mess?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:43 AM

I wouldn't kow what beer throwing fans think. As far as what would fans think of jr leaving his dads company I would only guess that sr would approve of jr leaving a company that he didn't like.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do die-hard nascar DE fans (the kind who threw full beer cans on the track when gordon won) think of this DEI mess?

[/ QUOTE ]

The kind who threw full beer cans on the track aren't the true fans. They're the kind that give NASCAR a bad name to all the people who want to look at it and say "look at NASCAR, its just a bunch of drunken rednecks". Dale said it best after that race - "Toilet paper's for throwin', beer's for drinkin'."

That said, almost every fan of Dale Sr. or Jr. would think that this whole thing with Teresa is a complete mess and is probably happy Dale's leaving the company. Senior raced for Childress and Dale hasn't won a championship yet, so there's no real "legacy" for him to uphold. Even if any of this were Junior's fault, he'd come out of it looking like a saint the way Teresa has gone after him publicly.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:20 PM

On my PlayStation2 NASCAR game, I recently dominated the Busch Series (on "Rookie" level), winning that title by about 800 points. I got a couple of offers to drive for some crappy Nextel Cup teams, but I held out for better offers. Two months into the season, no better offers came, so I jumped into the 180 car with a crappy team.

Despite missing the first two months, I still qualified for The Chase (by winning about 90% of my races), and won The Cup going away.

Hendrick Motor Sports was so impressed, they fired Jeff Gordon, and offered me the ride in the 24 car. I promoted myself from "Rookie" to "Veteran", and halfway through the current season, I'm 7th in the point standings, and moving up rapidly now that my adjustment to "Veteran" racing is complete.

My point? They might hire some impressive kid to drive the 8 car.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: NASCAR - Who will replace Jr in the 8 car?

I was just curious who they would get to drive for DEI. I'm fairly certain they want to keep 3 cars in the cup series.

But who out there is in the last year of their contract? The only other person who I can think of that would be a great catch is Greg Biffle.

But who knows there might be someone in the Busch series that's ready. But usually if there's someone that looks really good there's a lot of people already talking about them.

I read this morning that Hendricks said their "stable is full". I'm sure Casey Mears is happy to hear that.