Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 01:29 AM

Default 5NL 6-Max: TPTK facing flop shove.

Villain hasn't been particularly donkish, but does call any raise preflop and has open bet bottom or second pair on the flop. I have been the only big stack at the table to show regular aggresion.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.02/$0.05
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1.50
UTG+1: $5.55
CO: $4.82
Button: $9.13
Hero: $7.86
BB: $6.37

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.35</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.75, 5 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $5.2</font>, CO folds, Hero ???
Old 01-06-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: 5NL 6-Max: TPTK facing flop shove.

Preflop, if we are going to raise (and I am reluctant to do so with so many limpers) add on at least another big blind, because you're out of position.

I'd bet more on the flop. OOP, we'd really like to have some idea of where we stand, and pursuade the other guys to get out of the way. I would put in more like 1.6.

As played I'd fold to the raise. Two pair or trips are a large part of range. A combo draw is not unlikely. This kind of aggression is rare at these stakes, and I wouldn't normally expect it from this sort of player. I think we are beating AQ, AJ and that's about it.