Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 01:53 PM

Default PLO200: How to play this KKxxss

Villian hasnt shown great skill up to now. Read isnt very strong as I havent play that many hands at PLO200

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $135.85
UTG+1: $344.65
CO: $249.50
Button: $194
SB: $240.35
Hero: $167.80

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($10, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $10</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $40</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $140</font>

Thoughts please!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: PLO200: How to play this KKxxss

Thoughts are why on earth did you checkraise this flop?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:40 PM

I would just dump it. OOP. Bad relative position for a c/r. Drawy board. Yuck.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:44 PM

I dont think your equity is big enough to put it in here at all with that stacksize. Sorry you burnt 40$. I simply c/f flop alot with tainted Kings (QJ) and secondnutflushdraw. (sometimes I simply pot upfront, mostly c/f) Just fold and move on to next hand.

- B
Old 01-07-2007, 04:31 PM

muck, c/r'ing flop is bad. lead, c/c or c/f.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts are why on earth did you checkraise this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I think I got it into my head he was trying to take it down light. If he has 95xx and I c/r I thought he fold (although the other 4 may have reacted). Plus if he purely calls I can get a rough read on his range.

Although I wasnt asking really about the c/r and more about whether I should call his re-raise, I agree with you all the c/r wasnt exactly expert (which I certainly am not)

My problem here is that its $100 to me and there's $200 in the middle. I have $130 left.

Since he limped in I doubt there are many hands that'd have a hand like AJTT ,QJTT or AJT9ds. I doubt there are many player who limp on the button with these.

Against something like 99xx I'm a 2-1 dog. Against Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]xx I'm a 2-1 favoutire. There are also other hands like QJ78 w/[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] that's around even money. Are we saying he has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9x a large % of the time? As I said he isnt a great player from what I've seen of him.

Thoughts?
Old 01-07-2007, 06:59 PM

Once you checkraise you can't fold given what you just said about his range and the pot odds. i'd usually lead rather than checkraise here but both can be ok depending.

-g
Old 01-07-2007, 11:15 PM

I think the flop c/r is fine some of the time and once he repots you just go allin. I think players in the buttons spot will sometimes spaz out sometimes and repot with weaker hands when you c/r the flop. Given his range and stack sizes you can't fold.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM

check raise is the worst move you can make imo, it's a large multiway pot which means there are a lot of good hands out there especially on this board. I would check call or check fold, depends on whether i thougth iw as up aginast a better flush draw, if i factored in timing tells and such.

C/r here is big big big spew.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:35 AM

I check fold here most of the time unless Im pretty sure the button will bet here with anything when checked to him but I never check raise. Without the nut flush draw you cant play a big pot especially out of position and the pot is small so just let it go and get onto the next hand.