Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2006, 11:42 PM

Default 25NL - Pkt TT in SB OOP against a LAG

UTG in this hand is 53/17 and fairly aggressive. Hes not afraid to play big pots and call/make big bets. I'm still fairly new to NL and am getting used to the game so my initial thoughts in this hand while I am playing it is "I'm OOP to the LAG who plays big pots. I want to keep this hand as small as possible." So with that being said I tried to do just that.

I called PF (should I of reraised to like $6 here?) to keep the pot small. My plan was to lead out on a safe board but I check/fold this one. Is this just to weak sauce? I feel like I am having a hard time playing against LAGs in the sense that I give them much credit/get scared. Any advice much appreciated on my thinking and how I can improve my lines.

<3s

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.60
UTG+1: $29
CO: $18.50
Button: $12.75
Hero: $57.05
BB: $12.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG raises to $2, 3 folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $2, Hero folds.

Seasons greetings and merry xmas!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:06 AM

Default Re: 25NL - Pkt TT in SB OOP against a LAG

Calling preflop is okay, 17% isn't that high of a PFR and he's opening from UTG. But, I still prefer reraising: it is easier to get a stack in with a set, and calling makes the hand harder to play OOP on bad flops.

Anyways, this is a pretty good flop. I would not fold to 1 bet against this guy though. Check/call flop, evaluate turn. Maybe even call a blank turn if he's really aggro. Usually he'll check it down and you can showdown.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:29 AM

What kind of percentages should I be looking at to consider someone raising lightly in a 6max and full ring game?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:33 AM

Search around the master sticky in SSNL. Look in particular for a post by Pokey named "voluntary stats survey". It has the stats of many 2p2ers. Generally, about 10% PFR is about average, 15% is taggy, 20%+ is tag/laggy. So guys with PFR of over 20% are def raising light, but also consider position. For example, I run at 25/21 but I don't raise much from UTG, just 22-AA, KJ+, AT+, A2s+ (usually), and not much else.