Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 07:04 AM

Default Hardcore collusion at Jackson Rancheria: Did i not do enough?

There were these two friends playing on my left today and i caught them colluding several times.

One instance, player A literally showed player B his cards in the middle of a hand where they are 3 way with another guy. I call them out and they were like "hey don't worry, we were folding" and i was like "i don't give a f. You can't do that"

Then with several button steals, Player A shows player B his cards once again. When i ask to see the cards via the "show one show all" rule, he refused, mucked the cards, and I asked the dealer to do something. The dealer did nothing.

Should i have called the floor on these guys right then and there?

This stuff makes me angry
Old 12-20-2006, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Hardcore collusion at Jackson Rancheria: Did i not do enough?

Yes, call the floor. I hate killing the mood at the table, but these guys need a lesson in etiquette, otherwise their "example" may cause others to do the same.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Lighten up.

This is "hardcore" collusion? Sounds more like two friends who probably don't play B&M that much and aren't up to speed on etiquette.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lighten up.

This is "hardcore" collusion? Sounds more like two friends who probably don't play B&M that much and aren't up to speed on etiquette.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I wonder how many of the posters complaining about collusion have seen, and recognized, the real thing.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:48 PM

If they're showing live cards during a hand, it's certainly your right to call the floor. But ......

Do you really think they're colluding or are they just having a good time. You may very well have a situation where you have two fish out for a swim, in which case doing anything that causes them to leave the table is -ev.

If this were the case, I'd figure that they're not getting any real advantage and let it slide, but if you're going to obsess over it, either call the floor find a different table.

The absolute worst thing you can do is stew over it and go on tilt yourself.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:09 PM

I've found that when it's apparent that people are playing by their home poker rules and just don't understand that certain things are not okay a little friendly reminder about how things like that aren't fair and some generally helpful sounding advice goes a long way.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lighten up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I wonder how many of the posters complaining about collusion have seen, and recognized, the real thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may not have had the intentions of collusion, but it is collusion. Showing another person who has live cards your hand is pretty blatant, and should be obvious even to the casual player as unacceptable. OP asked the dealer to explain that it was unacceptable, which was the right move. Since the dealer sucks, I don't see anything wrong with calling the floor. I wouldn't go bonkers and causing a scene, but the two friends should know that showing each other their cards when they're both in the hand is very unacceptable.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

They may not have had the intentions of collusion, but it is collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

collusion:
1. a secret agreement, esp. for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy

Maybe we should come up with a better term to describe what went on. I prefer to reserve the term "collusion" for more planned and serious forms of teamwork.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:51 PM

This is really very mild, but yes, you should have been more vocal, or at least stepped away from the table and talked with the floor.

On my most recent trip to the local B&M, I sat at the end of the table with two obvious friends who went much further. They would tell one another what they folded, while the other was still in the hand. They would prevent each other from limping when one planned to raise, and on the occaisions where both were in the hand, they would tell each other their hands, or at least what draw they were on.

I let this slide for about 15 minutes before first, saying something politely about the communications, (at which point they started to include ME in their conversations), made a more pointed comment, including the dealer in the conversation, and finally after about an hour, talking to the floor, and getting a table change.

The floor and four dealers.... did nothing... I won't be going back.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

They may not have had the intentions of collusion, but it is collusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

collusion:
1. a secret agreement, esp. for fraudulent or treacherous purposes; conspiracy

Maybe we should come up with a better term to describe what went on. I prefer to reserve the term "collusion" for more planned and serious forms of teamwork.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point, but it still should be addressed. Theft in broad daylight is still theft.