Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 04:52 AM

Default ps3 scam?

Dear Andrew Lixxxxx,

Congratulations! The order placed by the buyer of your item: Mrs.Tina Ray to have a United States Postal Service branded Money OrderSM $1020:00 USD sent to you as payment for the item: 60gb Ps3 has been successfully processed and has consequently been APPROVED. The financial details of the transaction are stated below:

-----------------------------------------------------
*FINANCIAL DETAILS*
(NOTE: All amounts are in US$)
-----------------------------------------------------

Item Site : Craisgslist

Item Description :60gb Ps3.

TOTAL : $1020:00
-----------------------------------

================================================== ================================================== ==============

The Money OrderSM will be delivered to your contact information below, Please verify that the name and address (As entered by the buyer) are correct:

Address Verification

Andrew Lixxxx
19 Poxxxxxxxxx
Wexxxx,CT.,06xxx
United States

If there is an error in the name or address, Please email our representative at
info_uspsaccts.status@post.com

================================================== =================================
***ATTENTION***
The order has been APPROVED, you CAN NOW ship the merchandise to the buyer's shipping address. You are expected to make the shipment within 48 hours of recieving this Payment Confirmation Notification and get to our Costumer/Technical Dept. with the tracking number for Shipment Verification via:info_uspsaccts.status@post.com

The Money OrderSM will NOT be dispatched or get to your resident until the shipment has been verified. This measure is taken in order to protect both seller and buyer interests and to reduce the occurrence of fraudulent activities.But note that once shipment is verified the Money Order will be dispatched the same day of shipment.

****PLEASE NOTE***
Due to the fact that United States Postal Service processes thousands of orders daily, United States Postal Service RECOMMENDS contacting the Customer Support Representative that has been assigned to this particular Order directly. This ensures speedy verification of shipment as well as prompt dispatch of Money OrderSM. Please forward both the tracking#of the shipment and the order # to: info_uspsaccts.status@post.com

Once shipment has been verified, You will receive a " ORDER DISPATCHED" email from United States Postal Service informing you that the Money OrderSM has been dispatched. Included will be the TIME and DATE payment is to be delivered.

Order Status And Informations:

Order Number:
P.O 456400845

Auction Payments Order Available

Available

Order Placed

Dec,13, 2006

Order Status

Money order Available

Money Order Approved

Money Order Confirmation Notification

Billing Information:

Processed successfully

Card Type

MasterCard

Card Number

5***********5643

Exp. Date

4/2007

Name on Card
Tina Ray

Street Address

200 Marion Pugh #812

City, State

Madison,WI., 77840

Country

USA

Services Purchased:
Online Payment

Total Amount posted to card

$1030:00

Auction Payments Fee

$10:00

Money Order Amount

$1020:00

Shipped by

Second Day Air ($8.00)

Purchased Item Information:

Auction site
craigslist

Item Description

60gb Ps3

Seller Information:

Name

Anxxxx Lxxxxxx

Street address
19 xxxxxxxx

City, State

Wexxxxxxxx, CT, 06xxxxx

Country
U.S.A.

Phone Number
NIL

Email
aal113086@yahoo.com

IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE AT
info_uspsaccts.status@post.com

United States Postal Service Payments.

Delivery Service**USPS Delivery Post-Man**
Priority Mail envelope
The United States Postal Service is highly protected by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and is to serve the United States Citizen online payment.You can clink the blue link belowthat will take you direct to the (Federal Bureau of Investigation) link for more information you needed .
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ONLINE PAYMENT IS SUPPORTED BY.
Federal Bureau of Investigation Banner
Sincerely,
United States Postal Service.
USPS Homepage

Thank you for Using the United States Postal Service This is to Confirm the Payment Made By your client Tina Ray

this is the "conformation" email i have set up... i'm pretty sure its a scam. Basically if i ship it using that info i get a money order from ups that clears as soon as ups confirms that I made the shipment... has to be a scam? right?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2006, 05:01 AM

Default Re: ps3 scam?

of course its a scam. Why would you ship it witout getting the funds?

not to mention post.com is just a spam website.

Send the scammer an email back saying that you have shipped it. Lead him on for a while.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:35 AM

ya i was thinking about this.... knows my name and adress tho.... might not want to upset them...... obviously pretty bad person who knows what they'd do
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 PM

Definitely don't ship it until you get the funds. I wouldn't BS the buyer either saying it is already shipped, etc. I'd instead tell them that someone already tried to scam you using this payment method once before (yeah it's a lie, but whatever) and that you will only ship once payment is received.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM

Agreed on it being a scam.

Even if you got a money order, it'd prolly be fake.

Either ignore the pseudo-buyer or do as Genesis suggested above.

(I know didn't add anything, but hearing reenforcement of good advice can't hurt [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 12-18-2006, 08:16 PM

Like Genesis says, definitely do not lie to the buyer. Just be uprfont with them and make sure the payment clears before you ship the item.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:58 AM

I say send them a box full of dogshit.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:56 PM

p-p-p-ps3!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say send them a box full of dogshit.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he should just send the PS3 then?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:14 PM

From ". info@usps.com" <info_uspsaccts.status@post.com>
Sent Monday, December 18, 2006 9:23 am
To gaston@usc.edu
Subject ***UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE***PAYMENT APPROVED***

Postal money orders are as secure, if not more so, than any other financial organization.

Postal Money Order Security

Dear Cheylinel Gaston,

This is exactly 5 Minutes that the confirmation email of the payment for your merchandise has been sent to you,we will be glad to inform you that the payment sent to you by Mrs Alvin Maria has been processed and verified, your payment is now on hold for another 48 hours from the period of time you recieve this email, we will be sending you a shipment notification email as soon as we recieve the shipment tracking number for the item your buyer purchased, we will want you to reply our mail with the tracking information to our customer service email info_uspsaccts.status@post.com . We have also arranged for a tracking information for the fast delivery of the money order to the contact address on file, your payment will be dispatched as soon as we recieve the shipment tracking information required from you so you can tell your buyer to procceed with the shipment document now so that you can back to us with the shipment tracking number,
We appreciate your patience and unshaky followership,looking forward to serving your online payment needs in future.

Thank you for using United States Postal Service Money Order Payments® ExpressPaymentSM. We look forward serving your Online Money Order Payments® needs in future. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR ONLINE CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE AT info_uspsaccts.status@post.com THIS IS A VALID EMAIL THAT WILL LEAD YOU TO OUR ONLINE SERVICE ASSISTANT POWERED BY MAIL.COM, OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE PROVIDER.

United States Postal Service Payments.

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE ONLINE PAYMENT IS SUPPORTED BY.............

Send Money

US Postal Service

I got this the other day trying to sell a computer. The fool can't even use proper english.

--