Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Vince Young owns Texans suck that is all

Way to go Texans Mario Williams was a great pick.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Vince Young owns Texans suck that is all

Instead of playing the regular season, the texans should take on the lions in a 7 game "incompetence bowl".
But Mario Williams - let me tell you, they're going to SHUT DOWN PEYTON with his pass rushing skills. He's the ideal lock hall of fame defensive end - comes with 100% on every play, tough against the run, and never gets hurt. A great football decision, why take a QB or RB when you have perennial all-pros Dominick Davis and David Carr?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:35 PM

Vince Young really wasn't even an option for them. It was either Mario or Reggie. This is like saying that the Pistons made a mistake by not taking Dwyane Wade. Sure you're technically right, but everyone knows that he really wasn't even considered at that spot so its not that great of a point.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:11 PM

That's the point I guess. Even if they had taken VY, which would have been a bad pick, they probably still get a pass from the houston fans who would come out to see their hero. And the reason why they couldn't seriously consider drafting the best players available in the first place is because they had already committed a bunch of $ to an average quarterback and a RB with a shredded knee.
It doesn't matter much anyway, because they are so bad that even adding jesus christ would probably only make them a 6-10 team.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter much anyway, because they are so bad that even adding jesus christ would probably only make them a 6-10 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't catch touchdown passes?
Old 12-10-2006, 08:18 PM

I like Mario Williams, and I think it sucks that everyone is already declaring him a bust after 3/4 of his rookie year.

Reggie Bush hasn't exactly been Gale Sayers like everyone predicted. He's currently averaging 3.1 yards per carry, and before last week he had scored 2 TD's through 11 games.

Vince Young hasn't proven he's the long term answer yet either. Who's to say that teams won't figure out how to scheme him soon?

I guess my point is that everyone needs to calm down, and not trashing Mario Williams is part of that.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Mario Williams, and I think it sucks that everyone is already declaring him a bust after 3/4 of his rookie year.

Reggie Bush hasn't exactly been Gale Sayers like everyone predicted. He's currently averaging 3.1 yards per carry, and before last week he had scored 2 TD's through 11 games.

Vince Young hasn't proven he's the long term answer yet either. Who's to say that teams won't figure out how to scheme him soon?

I guess my point is that everyone needs to calm down, and not trashing Mario Williams is part of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice post, mostly cause I completely agree with you. Vince Young is not a long term answer for Titans, and them and the fans won't realize that until it's to late. I understand he is a rookie and that he is using his athletic ability to win games right now, but when I watch him play I cringe everytime he throws.

It will be a good test to see how far Young has come this week. If he does well I'll eat my words, but in his first game against Jacksonville he was terrible and so were the Titans. They are an improved team know, but let's see how he does now that a team will have seen him twice, a team that is elite on defense. It should be fun.

About Bush, I said that he wasn't the #1 pick overall prior to the draft, he would have been due to marketability not because he was the best available player. I thought it was Ferguson and I still do. That's who was the BAP was and it was who the Texans needed most, and I think that has been proven time and time again this year.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 PM

Vince Young was not an option for the Texans simply because the Texans management declared right away that they wouldn't take him. That doesn't mean that there wasn't a huge contingent of fans who wanted him to be the pick.

The Mario Williams pick was stupid because it was obvious that VY and Bush were going to be stars and Mario was only going to be a star if he realized his full potential. Plus, the Texans could have traded down and still gotten Mario much later.

Just a colossal draft day gaffe.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 PM

lol no kidding
Old 12-10-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It really is unfair for him. I think its really funny how after last week yahoo sports, PTI, Around the Horn, CBSSportsline all just happened to tackle the issue of "If the Texans could do it over again who would they take?" I'm sure its just a total coincidence that they asked this right after Bush had a great game, right? Its as if the media wants Bush to succeed and Williams to fail so that they can bash the Texans.