Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Why play poker when you can do drugs?

Serious question. I went to a house party on Saturday night held by a crowd of crazy Italians I know and I did lots of MDMA pills (first time in about six months). Coming up on pills is the best thing ever, it's like a mind-body orgasm. Imagine raking in the biggest pot of your life, TIMES A MILLION!!!

Made me think, why do I waste so much time playing poker, being kind of break-even / borderline-winner, when I could be going to clubs and parties taking drugs, getting rushes, feeling the music is Jesus's music, I'm in heaven listening to the choir (who for some reason are singing minimal techno), and isn't everyone so easy to talk to, nice to hug, kind and beautiful?

Only thing I can think of in favour of poker is it lasts longer.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Why play poker when you can do drugs?

wrong forum
Old 12-11-2006, 11:52 AM

Ahhh...poker doesn't put holes scattered throughout your brain. That good enough?
Old 12-11-2006, 11:54 AM

hahhahaha

this thread will turn out well
Old 12-11-2006, 11:55 AM

Think you'll find it does.

[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh...poker doesn't put holes scattered throughout your brain. That good enough?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 11:57 AM

Poker players enjoy misery
Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 AM

If poker was a drug it would be cocaine.

I don't think ecstasy and poker would mix very well. It encourages emotional truth and feelings of empathy. "Here, take my chips. I love you like a brother. Hug me."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-11-2006, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If poker was a drug it would be cocaine.

I don't think ecstasy and poker would mix very well. It encourages emotional truth and feelings of empathy. "Here, take my chips. I love you like a brother. Hug me."

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, not a good combo to have in play.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:02 PM

You're a lemon. Like a bad car. There is something... there is something inherently defective in you, and you, and you, and me, and all of us. We're all lemons. We look like everyone else, but what makes us different is our defect. See, most gamblers, when they go to gamble, they go to win. When we go to gamble, we go to lose. Subconsciously. Me, I never feel better than when they're raking the chips away; not bringing them in. And everyone here knows what I'm talking about. Hell, even when we win it's just a matter of time before we give it all back. But when we lose, that's another story. When we lose, and I'm talking about the kind of loss that makes your [censored] pucker to the size of a decimal point - you know what I mean - You've just recreated the worst possible nightmare this side of malignant cancer, for the twentieth goddamn time; and you're standing there and you suddenly realise, Hey, I'm still... here. I'm still breathing. I'm still alive. Us lemons, we [censored] [censored] up all the time on purpose. Because we constantly need to remind ourselves we're alive. Gambling's not your problem. It's this [censored] up need to feel something. To convince yourself you exist. That's the problem.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a lemon. Like a bad car. There is something... there is something inherently defective in you, and you, and you, and me, and all of us. We're all lemons. We look like everyone else, but what makes us different is our defect. See, most gamblers, when they go to gamble, they go to win. When we go to gamble, we go to lose. Subconsciously. Me, I never feel better than when they're raking the chips away; not bringing them in. And everyone here knows what I'm talking about. Hell, even when we win it's just a matter of time before we give it all back. But when we lose, that's another story. When we lose, and I'm talking about the kind of loss that makes your [censored] pucker to the size of a decimal point - you know what I mean - You've just recreated the worst possible nightmare this side of malignant cancer, for the twentieth goddamn time; and you're standing there and you suddenly realise, Hey, I'm still... here. I'm still breathing. I'm still alive. Us lemons, we [censored] [censored] up all the time on purpose. Because we constantly need to remind ourselves we're alive. Gambling's not your problem. It's this [censored] up need to feel something. To convince yourself you exist. That's the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that from again?