Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 01:54 AM

Default What is your image to the forums?

Tell me what you think your image is and why in every forum you spend much time in, AND DO IT NOW!

Actually, it is totally voluntary. I will start, in order down the index, and I am disregarding as much as possible posters opinions that carry over to other forums.

1. BBV- This forum is pretty insular, and really has some short bus kids running shop a fair amount of the time, ( not the mods, btw). I think I pull equal amounts of mild amusement and pure hatred from there.

2. High Stakes NL- HSNL is quite a Boy's club, and is a bit of an anomaly in the strategy department on this site in that many of the best players will not post strategy, or at least rarely will. I have posted some odd hands in there, got lambasted for it, and got pretty defensive about some of them. To about half the forum, I'd guess they look at me like the village idiot, and wonder how it is I make a good living playing poker, but a fair amount of the better posters there that don't troll and have played with me respect my game. Too often HSNL is just a dick-swinging contest, IMHO, and it suffers from a lack of interesting hand discussion.

3. One table tournaments- I am pretty well liked here, if not as well known as I used to be. I used to share a lot of info here when I was one of the first guys to multitable $215's and post about them, and did the pushbot experiment that many learned from.

4. NVG - Other than Dids, I am pretty neutral overall I'd guess, possibly leaning slightly good. My " What mods are good at poker" thread got a ton of responses, and equal parts derision and applause.

5. Sports betting - Up until about 3 weeks ago, many in the forum were petitioning me for sainthood for my teaser posts. They are still killing for the year, but have had a few losing weeks in a row. I have made some good posts about prop betting in there in the past too, but I still have a ton to learn about SB, and say so freely, so I think I have a pretty good image there, and have really never even had a flame war there, ( possibly the only forum I can say that about!)

6. Books/publications. I don't post there too much anymore, but I do post the Borders net coupons I get, so I got that going for me.

7. Sporting events - I don't post here a ton, I likely have a pretty neutral image.

8. OOT - After the TSC-Dali flame war, I seriously had people here that would rather see me dead than ever psot here again, but that was a long time ago. I don't post a ton here anymore, but I DID have a few great threads, IMHO, about being a bowling sandbagger, a video game expert in the early 80's, and what SuitedSixes calls his favorite 2+2 thread of all time; "Stupid things I thought when I was a kid" , which showed that most of us were pretty stupid kids. My image here is likely decent now, I don't get in flame wars much anymore, and it's been since my AI thread that I got into it at all with anyone here, IIRC.

PS I typed this while listening to the Penn Radio podcast, ( from Penn and Teller) and playing PC Tiger Woods Golf. I highly recommend Penn's show and the game, and I just shot a 57 at the old course at St Andrews [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 AM

Default Re: What is your image to the forums?

I am getting tired of the reality TV-esque threads around here.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 AM

I pretty much only post in OOT. I am pretty much like someone on a TV show that has been on forever, but nobody knows. (Think the fat guy with the glasses on cheers. He's always at the bar, but had like 3 lines in 10 years).
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 04/11/05

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
has been on forever,

[/ QUOTE ]

???
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 AM

1. Sports- Homer moron and soccer Noob. My "image" is probably 50% indifference, 45% hate and maybe 5% like.

2. OOT-Don't post here much anymore, but I think my "image" is posts to much and cares to much about rap music.

cool.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Reged: 04/11/05

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
has been on forever,

[/ QUOTE ]

???

[/ QUOTE ]

I lurked for ages before I signed up. I guess forever is a bit of a stretch though.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:03 AM

in all forums except STTF and SMP, I'm pretty sure that I go by pretty much unnoticed...I hope I make some humorous comments every once in a while.

STTF - I hope most people just think I am a good guy and decent player...I haven't spent much time there recently because I haven't been playing at all, but I also hope they know how much I appreciate the people in the forum.

SMP - I guess just some punk kid who knows relatively little compared to many them..but hopefully I don't present too many irrational arguments...they also probably think (know) that I get my jollies by arguing with theists [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Sports- Homer moron and soccer Noob. My "image" is probably 50% indifference, 45% hate and maybe 5% like.

2. OOT-Don't post here much anymore, but I think my "image" is posts to much and cares to much about rap music.

cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
I swear if I am ever on 'Who wants to be a millionaire", you would 100% be my lifeline for the any rap questions. I loved the thread where you and another guy were comapring rap penises, and you said, "I probably know 50 rappers you have never even HEARD of ", he called BS, and you proceeded to name like 50 real, signed rappers that he had never heard of, and he said, " Oh, my bad. Go on with your bad self", or something to that effect, and slunk away.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in all forums except STTF and SMP, I'm pretty sure that I go by pretty much unnoticed...I hope I make some humorous comments every once in a while.

STTF - I hope most people just think I am a good guy and decent player...I haven't spent much time there recently because I haven't been playing at all, but I also hope they know how much I appreciate the people in the forum.

SMP - I guess just some punk kid who knows relatively little compared to many them..but hopefully I don't present too many irrational arguments...they also probably think (know) that I get my jollies by arguing with theists [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am getting better versed about the silliness of religion, so I may be joining you in the good fight, sir!
Old 12-07-2006, 02:06 AM

yeah I am an internet Thug.