Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How funny was the trip report?
literally ROFL funny 0 0%
Very funny 21 16.54%
plain funny 46 36.22%
neither funny nor unfunny 15 11.81%
not funny 17 13.39%
more sad than funny 6 4.72%
YSSKY I want the time to read the post back. 22 17.32%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2006, 04:47 AM

Default How would you rate FTP\'s fraud department?

There have been a lot of posts on this forum about Full Tilt Poker's fraud department. From your perception (your own experience, what you've read on other posts, or anything else that formed your perception), how would you rate FTP's fraud department (0 to 10)?

Below are some basic guidelines:

0 = You think the FTP fraud department is seriously flawed, probably corrupt, and needs a serious overhaul.

5 = You think the fraud department is so-so or maybe just okay; you think it could still use improvement.

10 = You think FTP's fraud department is great and needs no improvement.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:31 AM

Default Re: How would you rate FTP\'s fraud department?

Hopefully this thread can serve as the cliff notes version for other threads (one of which is growing out of control). Here are a couple of samples of other threads on this topic:

ftp stole my money
Full Tilt stole 25k from me
Another "Full Tilt Ate My Hamster" post

If you know of other threads, please link them here.

Also, after you vote in this thread, post a short post for why you voted what you did.

I voted "3" for the following reasons:

1. FTP fraud department is way too slow in their investigations.

2. FTP fraud department does not promptly give enough information to the accused of what they are being accused of--thus making it hard for the few that are innocent to defend themselves.

3. FTP fraud department does not seem to communicate with thier other departments (like their customer service department).

4. FTP fraud department seems to have almost no way (other than complaining on 2+2) to vindicate yourself if you are accused.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:33 AM

They may be good at fraud detection, but they are very weak in customer service.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:45 AM

Im curious to hear from the people who chose zero and ten as their answer.

Im pretty sure it lies somewhere in the middle, and i chose 8. Tell me why you believe different, please.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 AM

I think you only need to read thrugh the threads from the link above to know why they are so poor.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:27 AM

I have. And i understand.

But the fact that they ARE locking accounts shows they cannot be an absolute zero.

A one, or a two, i understand. But a zero to me says theyve simply said "we dont care". This would pretty much go hand in hand with that HonestHoldem theoretical site that botter guy posted a couple days ago.

Similarly i dont understand the absolute ten which a few people scored them. They are doing something - but they are slow and innefficient.

But then again i would consider Stars to be the best in the business for anti collusion/botting (though i decided to lurk the winholdem forum today, i might be wrong in how good they are in general even if they are relatively the best). And stars has had a case or two of wrongful seisure - one of which was someones mum IIRC.

But yes, back to FT, whilst taking two months to process claims is too long, its better than simply having no anti fraud measures.

The 'hamster' case is yet to be concluded - though from skim reading it seems to be a case of neteller thinking the account wasnt used and so stopped the process. Im guessing this will be sorted quickly with a phone call or two.

The 'ftp stole my money' case appeared to be a fraudster chip dumping to himself and being caught. As far as im aware no bomb shells broke and this is still the general conclusion.

The '25k' case seemed to be related to the user sharing their details with someone, or using the account on another computer (i only read the start and end of thread). It is also resolved.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:19 PM

Yeah, I did not rate them as zero, but I did rate them low. I agree the ftp stole my money does look suspect, but people are jumping to conclusions too quickly. There has never been anything shown to prove that the information about the credits cards, that ftpdoug gave from his source, was correct and doug has not been back to try and help. I agree that its good they are trying to stamp out fraud, but they need a much better process for proving their cases and also in the time it takes them to investigate the matters.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im curious to hear from the people who chose zero and ten as their answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I cared, I would vote ten primarily to offset the person(s) with an axe to grind who have all their sock puppets vote zero.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:28 PM

tell me what site is better?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:38 PM

I think FTP is expert at defrauding their players.