Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 05:07 PM

Default Cleaning my LCD (204b) screen

What is the best thing to use to get my 2 year olds fingerprints off. Alchohol and a cloth? Do I need to worry about pressing down too hard and damaging the LCD crystals?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Cleaning my LCD (204b) screen

[ QUOTE ]
What is the best thing to use to get my 2 year olds fingerprints off. Alchohol and a cloth? Do I need to worry about pressing down too hard and damaging the LCD crystals?

[/ QUOTE ]

Google is your friend.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:02 PM

just never, ever use windex or anything with ammonia in it!

EVAR!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 AM

a good friend told me this would work for removing your 2 year old's fingerprints:

Sulfuric acid can work, but you'd have to allow it to eat away the epidermal layer and the dermis beneath, but the scar tissue would also be unique. Enough alcohol could ease the child's pain, and the cloth or other method of bandaging would be advisable post-process. You will probably need to press the kid's hands down in the acid bowl pretty hard since (s)he will almost certainly try to pull away (depending on the amount of alcohol used).

disclaimer: /jokes
Old 12-11-2006, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a good friend told me this would work for removing your 2 year old's fingerprints:

Sulfuric acid can work, but you'd have to allow it to eat away the epidermal layer and the dermis beneath, but the scar tissue would also be unique. Enough alcohol could ease the child's pain, and the cloth or other method of bandaging would be advisable post-process. You will probably need to press the kid's hands down in the acid bowl pretty hard since (s)he will almost certainly try to pull away (depending on the amount of alcohol used).

disclaimer: /jokes

[/ QUOTE ]

disclaimer not needed... scarcasm detector functioning at full capacity.

I prefer working with bases rather than acids. Do you think Drano work work instead of the HsSO4???? Besides Sulfuric acid leave that rotten egg smell.... Why not go for the good stuff and use HF or Nitric??? Oh, the alcohol for the pain should be MeOH right???

Disclaimer : more jokes
Old 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I prefer working with bases rather than acids. Do you think Drano work work instead of the HsSO4???? Besides Sulfuric acid leave that rotten egg smell.... Why not go for the good stuff and use HF or Nitric??? Oh, the alcohol for the pain should be MeOH right???

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-12-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I majored in Chemistry in college. I should realize that what I posted would only be understood by others with a similar background.

Translation:

HF = Hydroflouric Acid - very nasty stuff, actually used in industry to etch glass.

Nitric = Nitric Acid - another nasty one (very caustic low pH)

MeOH = Methanol - not something you want to drink, causes blindness then death.

Drano = high PH base (opposite of acids) but is is still good a disolving human tissue (like hair in drain clogs, or fingerprints if left in contact long enough).

This has been your 2+2 chemistry lesson of the day. Tomorrow we will cover ionic and covalent bonding (well maybe not...)