Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Some help with Pokerroom 5cd strategy please

Could any of you kind chaps please give me some advice on playing PL 5CD on the OnGame network. (Pokerroom etc)

I've looked through some of the more popular 5CD websites for 5 handed draw strategy but I can only find advice on 8 handed draw, which I assume will be played slightly differently to 5 handed draw.

I've had some success at the tables (5th in $10 5cd rebuy MTT, but only slight profit on the cash tables) and I have read through the 5cd section in Super System 1, so i've a decent grasp of the basics, but some regulars are making a relative fortune at the tables so I fancy spending more time studying the game.

Any tips (raise with x in position y etc) will be greatly appreciated, but a link to a useful 5 handed 5cd website would be a godsend.
Thanks.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Some help with Pokerroom 5cd strategy please

easy games as i recall, here is rough guide
for playing tight

kk+ : seat 1
qq+ : seat 2
jj+ : button
any middle pair or strong flush draw : sb

never limp, always open raise for pot

raise limpers with kings or better, lotsa bad loose players limp in with draws and pairs

for the most part the games are good enough that playing draws are not important and dealing with the tactical changes necessary post draw requires more effort and skill for little reward other than making a better player
Old 12-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Some help with Pokerroom 5cd strategy please

As much as learning good ABC draw will help (and it sure will), table selection is key there too. As you've noticed, there are some regulars pulling 5-10BB/hr off the table, and with the rake, there really isnt room for you and more than one of these regulars. Where the influx comes in thsi game is people steamed from HE, drop $20 and bail...so you have to be prepared to move quickly from table to table as they sit, then quickyl evaporate.
Look for:
-ppl/"flop" >50%, 60% is great, 40% is a waste of time
-avg pot >$5 at 1-2...one guy steaming brings in extra calls, and a table <$5 doesnt have one of these
-Look for tables with lots of people with <$20. While i, for instance, try to sit with like $12.55 or $17.30, or whatever to look nooby, most regs have more chips, whilethe donators (the guys just "trying it out") usually buget like 10 bucks or whatever to blow. So lots of low stacks is *usually* indicative of a soft table.
-and remember, the tables change QUICK, be prepared to move a few times an hour, and be scannign the lobby while your seated.
-if you see illa5th, say hi [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i've just started playing this stuff last week, so i'm not playig perfectly or anything, but even I seem to be semi-crushing here

*Oh, and TAKE PLAYER NOTES, there are some people (regulars but not winners) that might as well be poorly programed bots., they are so expliotable.