Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 PM

Default Buff @ NYJ-3.5

I'm not sure why I understand why this line is so small. I feel it should be at least -7. The jets have already beaten buffalo at home by 8 iirc. The jets have showed to be suprisingly good. Not only that, they seem to be improving week to week. They have a quality win at NE. Not to mention they do well at home. Granted, don't get me wrong, I think they are both two abysmal teams. NYJ just seem to find a way to win each week, while JP and crew seem to keep on losing. I think the Jets are better then just Home field. Any thoughts?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Buff @ NYJ-3.5

In that first game the Bills became the first team in NFL history to lose at home w/ a 300 yd passer and 150 yd rusher. Maybe that speaks to your point about finding ways to lose, but the line is about right imo.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 PM

almost all the early money has come in on the Jets at -3, but value evaporates quickly once you have to lay that extra 1/2 point and lose the push on the FG (which will occur about 10% of the time). buffalo almost never plays anyone soft, and they are not facing a serious road disadvantage in nearby NYC/NJ with similar weather.

with the bills' surprisingly competitive november performance, I could lay 3 on the Jets (actually I already did) but I'd be extremely wary of 7. the closing line will probably fall somewhere in between.

the jets are 3-3 at "home" this year at Giants stadium, so that shouldn't necessarily be any key factor in your analysis.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM

They are 4-2 at home actually. I wouldn't lay 7 pts either. That is what I feel the correct line is. I think people still think the jets are a terrible team. I don't think money is going to pour in on either side to be honest. I just think the jets have value up to -4.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:17 PM

While I have read the game summary and see your point my response to they way they found to lose is one int and two fumbles. You have a banged up willis and a qb prone to mistakes plus a lb who just fractured his leg. The jets are entirely different team now then they were then. I think beating NE and winning by the amount they did last sunday shows that. I don't think you can say that GB @ home is worse then buff away.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:38 PM

Buffalo has been playing very well lately. Their big weakness is their run defense, and the jets running game leaves something to be desired. The SD passing game was nowhere to be seen, as the Bills totally shut down the WR's and did an adequate job on Gates despite playing him 1 on 1 virtually the entire game. The Bills actually had SD on the ropes yesterday, after totally mailing in the 1st half. A totally missed pass interference call on SD prevented the Bills from tying/taking the lead late.

Would not surprise me whatsoever to see the Bills go into NY and beat the jets
Old 12-04-2006, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They are 4-2 at home actually.

[/ QUOTE ]
dude - they are 3-3 at home, check any and all sources.

Sep 17 New England Lost 17-24
Oct 1 Indianapolis Lost 28-31
Oct 15 Miami Won 20-17
Oct 22 Detroit Won 31-24
Nov 19 Chicago Lost 0-10
Nov 26 Houston Won 26-11
Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A totally missed pass interference call on SD prevented the Bills from tying/taking the lead late.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didn't want to point it out but yeah, that and the Price play before and the "in the grasp" and a dozen other calls were awful. Got some breaks vs. Jax though.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would not surprise me whatsoever to see the Bills go into NY and beat the jets

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to 3.5 on Pinny now. Keep betting Jets fans, I'm hoping it gets to 4 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]