Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 06:09 PM

Default Flopped Flushes

I have a question regarding flopped flushes. I was playing a 3/6 game 600$ max buyin. Guy from UTG with a full buyin raises (no read), everyone folds to me on the button with 76 of diamonds, and a full buyin. Flop came 853 diamonds. He makes a pot size bet on the flop, I raise , he re-raises me all in.

How often are you worried about a higher flush when you flop a flush?

If you have a 9 high flush or below, do you begin to worry, what is the range at which you must go?

I assumed he had he had AA or KK or QQ with a diamond, and was just pushing and going wit it, so i called. He ended up having j9 of diamonds.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 11-24-2006, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Flopped Flushes

Thats a bad beat.
In most situations, his push can be a range of hands that all are probably in decent shape against you (pair+higher FD, set), but those hands make up the majority of his range, so you can't fold.
Of course, it would be stupid to say you can't ever fold a flopped flush, but you have to have a strong reason to let it go.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:30 PM

In general I felt all flushes for 100bb on a 3 flush board
Old 12-03-2006, 09:37 AM

i defintely call agreeing wit ur logic of have over pair and diamond... definitely get it all in here every time
Old 12-03-2006, 11:14 AM

Here is an example i remember:

Pretty passive dude, raised preflop, i called on the button after few callers with 8c7c, and flopped a flush (3 rags), he checked (which he often did when missed and oop vs several callers), i bet, all folded, and he min check raised me.
Now, i almost folded, but couldn't bring myself to do it, but i decided, that the likelyhood of him having a flopped flush is too high with this weird line, and just called.
Turned was another club, and we checked it down - he had QcJc.

Other than this, i am felting all flopped flushes vs preflop raisers.Their range really is mostly overpairs (sometimes even without higher suit) or suit, so you fine against it.
Also, notice, that you flop an OESFdraw too, so you have extra 2 outs in case villain has AdKd or something...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:19 AM

this is an obvious all in with no read. also note that having 2 SF outs makes a big difference, not only because you have 2 outs when behind, but because overpair+diamond has 2 less outs and you have 2 killer outs vs a set or 2 pair
Old 12-03-2006, 11:21 AM

It's a little different in a limped pot, but here you obviously are glad to get it in.