Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2006, 08:21 AM

Default Pot money in the pot

What should the vpip in shorthanded be at my is about 40% maybe to high I now it's depends on the table if it's tight or loose.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Pot money in the pot

I'm in a good mood, so I'll give you a straight answer, but you really should be answering this one for yourself via the search function.

First, what is the average number of players at your tables? 40% VP$IP 3-handed is nothing, but a losing proposition 6-handed. There are winning players with a 30/20 mix (VP$IP/PFR) and I am personally around 22/15, but to be honest, this question implies a significant lack of poker understanding, so for you I would recommend playing maybe 18% of your hands (6-handed).

Scott

edit: And to help put things in perspective, I played my first 30k hands of 6max at 17% VP$IP, and didn't loosen up to 22% until I had a winning track record of around 60k hands. Tightening up may not be fun, but it will smooth out your learning process.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:50 AM

Depends negatively of the rake, positively of your post flop skills and negatively of the opposing looseness.

If you start out at micro limits having a VPIP/PFR at ~24/16 isnt bad, then you can increase your numbers by stealing more and defending your blinds more as you go up in stakes and become better postflop.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:43 PM

26-27