Default Help me here

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) converter

Hero ($1.75)
SB ($2.11)
BB ($4.42)
UTG ($6.56)
MP ($3.80)
CO ($4.84)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, SB calls $0.09, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.08, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.34) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.34) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

River: ($3.34) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.51 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $0.15 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kd 2h (two pair, kings and twos).
Hero has Ks As (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins $3.64. </font>

I was thinking that one of these donkeys were playing something like QJ or KJ in the case I didn't want to go overboard with the raising. Please tell me what I did wrong
Old 02-02-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Help me here

You did nothing wrong, at these stakes. The guy his his three outer.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Looks good to me dude hit his top pair and thought, "yes!" He of course no thought that he might be outkicked by even K3 stayed all the way or as my brother in law says " I know I am behind but I am going for my kicker" You just have to know that in that same situation you have to know you will win that hand 80%+ of the time and roll on to the next. You will get way more money out of Donkeys like that than you will lose.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:40 PM

TPTK likes a small pot. You're not going to get a small pot because villain is on pace to put himself all-in. At the flop you need to decide if your hand is good or not. Barring a VERY unusual situation, your hand is best. In that case, call all the way down and let him bet himself to death.

You played the hand just fine. The only change I'd recommend is raising more preflop. The usual rule is 4xBB + 1/limper; in your situation, that would be $0.12. At the micro-limits (which anything under $25NL is) you could even make that larger, and I'd say 5xBB + 1/limper is probably more appropriate. In the end, though, this is a minor quibble. Don't worry about this hand; reload and take his money the next time.