Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 03:53 PM

Default very crazy 10-25 hand

game is playing really deep and really huge.

MP3 is a reasonable thinking player. CO is a loose chaser. ive seen him call a preflop raise OOP with 63o and then call a potsized bet with a gutshot. BB is a TAG and seems to play well, except that he calls raises out of position too frequently.

MP3 has $5200
CO has $13k
BB has $3900
Hero covers

Hero raises 5h7h from MP2 to $100, MP3 calls, CO calls, BT calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop is Ac7s5s

Checked to Hero who checks planning to cr, MP3 bets $800, BT calls, BB thinks about raising but decides to call, Hero tanks for a long time and finally just calls planning to pot a blank turn.

Turn is 5c

Checked to Hero who checks hoping to get it in.

Whats everyone think? I didnt know what to do after the pot got so bloated on the flop. I expected the bet on the flop to be like 3/4 pot and only get like 1 caller. If I checkraised now I'd have to commit like 4k+ with bottom 2 and that seems ridiculous.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: very crazy 10-25 hand

it seems that co isn't involved in this hand...
if thats the case and the biggest stack you have to worry about is 5k then i would definately make a large checkraise on flop and get it in since there's so much money in the pot already and you are going to be called by a buncha draws and sometimes worse 1 pair hand

on turn you obv have best hand so i'd prob make a smallish bet that gives people odds to draw dead to their straight or flush while setting up a large pot so you can shove and get called on river w/o having to make a huge overbet.
Old 01-01-2007, 04:24 PM

grim, im sure he meant button has 13k
Old 01-01-2007, 05:04 PM

yes sorry, button has 13k, co folded on the flop. the button is the loose chaser.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:13 PM

I like abet esp with a loose deep stack chaser in there. I think hes calling a relative size bet, but you wanna keep as many in as possible so something smallish is best.
Otherwise its going to be checked around alot.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:06 PM

What would you plan to do if the turn didnt give you a full house? I dont understand the check call on the flop reguardless of how many people called the flop, there arent to many cards you want to see on the turn.

As played I play it the same, you could have a wide range of hands in everyone elses eyes like KQ spades etc.

I really dont think it will be checked around here, and if it is let someone hit a flush or something. If I spade hit I'd probably be really tricky and check if its checked to you.

As flop played, turn play is 100% fine.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:12 PM

Location: just a skinny azzzed short stacking gossip hurling trouble maker

can you give real names? or PM me the names?
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM

i expected the flop to get bet, i wasnt too worried about it being checked around. i wasnt expecting the flop bet to be so big, which to me showed a good deal of strength. the bts call doesnt scare me too much but the blinds call does, especially since he almost raised. i dont agree with keeping as many people in as possible with a small bet, my hand is extremely vulnerable.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:26 PM

T,

I think you have to bet the turn.

"the button is the loose chaser."

You definitely have to bet the turn.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:32 PM

i was planning on potting a blank turn, but i suppose jamming the flop may accomplish the same purpose. i think if a spade comes then its very easy to assume that someone likely has a flush so its easy to release to pressure.

i still dont know if i should have jammed the flop or not but i just think raising to 3200-4000 is such a large commitment with bottom 2 in a spot where someone could easily have A5-A7 especially since the blind almost raised but chickened out. since there is also some deep stacks involved in the hand if i raise to 4000 or whatever im pretty commited to the pot so if someone shoves i may just have to put them on a flush/combo draw and call. how can i invest so many bbs with bottom 2? by calling, i may get away from the hand on the turn is the pot gets jammed and its clear im behind.