Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2006, 06:51 PM

Default Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislation?

There was alot of debate prior to and shortly after the recent internet gambling legislation passed in the U.S. on the actual effects this would have on the tightness of tables and the number of so called "fish" that many had become used to playing against.Although i have been a lurker at 2+2 for some time now,i have only been active in the forums for a few months.Obviously,i think i can safely assume that people have always posted "Rigged" type posts,but i was curious to ask the veterans if there seems to be more of these type of posts lately?I think it is also safe to assume that most of these posts(although some may be legit)are the result of people losing and or not achieving the same + results they have been used to.That brings me to my second question.If the answer to my first question is yes(there has been an increase in these types of posts),do you think that this is a direct correlation to the latest legal action in the states and its effects on the market??Like i said,id be curious to hear from the "veterans" who would have a much better perspective on this than i do.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislation?

I would not say that the number of rigged posts has increased...
Old 11-13-2006, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislation?

I agree with Sniper. I think we are used to one every day or two. There do not seem to be any more. Sometimes they just come in waves.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM

Fair enough,you guys would know.It just amazed me to see the same posts every day, everytime someone is running bad.It just made me wonder if alot more people were running bad than in previous times.I guess its just human nature in effect.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislatio

[ QUOTE ]
I would not say that the number of rigged posts has increased...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-13-2006, 07:11 PM

Default Re: Number of \"Rigged\" posts a Reflection of the Effects of Legislatio

Seems there's a slight increase lately imo.

but these things tend to come in waves anyway.

I think what you have is not as much a situation of people leaving Party for tougher games...but rather, just people leving party for different sites that they are new too and therefore aren't entirely comfortable with.

Of all the people that left Party for Stars or FT or UB or WSEX you will inevitably have SOME who will run badly and will see a lot of hands where somebody got rivered.

Thsoe who run badly on their new site and keep seeing cards that don't "feel right" will attribute that to the site itself.

It doesn't help if their win-rate isn't getting 'saved' as often by total donkeys who bluff-cap every street with T5o unimproved.

Anyway, after their funky cards on FT or wherever they'll go try another site and things will just then happen to run better (more normally, whatever) and they will be 'pretty sure' that their bad stretch of weird looking rivers, etc is the fault of the site they were just left.

Basically, if you have a bunch of people bouncing from one site to another trying to find their new 'home' you will inevitably get some people who run really badly during their stretch on one of the sites.

Some people had this at WSEX, others at FTP, etc etc.

We've had this before a little bit.
Lots of players who had tried 4 or 5 sites would find the one site they would NEVER go back to because the cards there are 'so wrong'.

It was lessened somewhat by the large percentage of players who ONLY played 1 site.
But with the Party decision and with attractions of other sites like 100% RB, etc we have significantly more multi-site players than before.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:23 PM

I think increase of rigged posts has mainly been that one guy who posts it daily to all forums to advertise his scam program selling site.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:55 PM

The number of rigged posts is generated using the RNG at the poker sites.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:26 PM

It certainly seems like there are more of them and I'd guess it's the party refugees discovering they aren't quite the poker studs they thought they were.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:26 AM

The number of posts hasn't increased but WHO is posting them. Generally it's some guy who just registered and has never posted so everyoen just laughs at him.

Recently there have been alot of high post, long time posters saying major sites are "rigged" or "juiced" or whatever, and that just provides cover for the other people to come out and blame their losses on the site, etc.

Personally I think it has everything to do with the games getting tougher. I play low limit and it's MUCH harder to find a good game now. It's not like 2 years ago at Party, when every table had 3+ complete fish.

Stars .5/1 and 1/2 is mostly TAGS and rocks, as is Full Tilt. Sure youc an still find a retard here and there, but it's 1-2 per table and it takes time to find em.

Look at the site traffic on pokersitescout, alot of the Party players simply disappeared (the increase at other sites does not equal the decrease of Party/Paradise).

The poker fad has peaked and online games are simply getting tougher, at least at low/middle limits (perhaps high stakes still has rich gambl0rs). If you read alot of articles in the past year or so, they have all predicted this. Sad thing is if Neteller shuts down the U.S. games are going to get even tougher.