Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 03:05 AM

Default phoenix to vegas?

I can get a ride to phoenix this weekend for free, how hard is it to find a ride to vegas for a week? This is WAY closer then it is from IOWA so I have to guess I can get a bus or taxi for something not expensive.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: phoenix to vegas?

greyhound
Old 11-15-2006, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can get a ride to phoenix this weekend for free, how hard is it to find a ride to vegas for a week? This is WAY closer then it is from IOWA so I have to guess I can get a bus or taxi for something not expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a quick Greyhound check for you and it looks like they charge $48 one way and it's a 9 hour ride. I guess they make a few stops. A cab will be around $500, lol. It's not quite clear what you mean. If you're coming to Phoenix for free just to get to LV for cheap then you should get dropped off in someplace closer along the way, maybe Kingman, which is a lot closer to LV and should have buses also.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol. It's not quite clear what you mean. If you're coming to Phoenix for free just to get to LV for cheap then you should get dropped off in someplace closer along the way, maybe Kingman, which is a lot closer to LV and should have buses also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be able to do this, but I sitll wouldn't mind spending a couple days in Phoenix. It's my parents who are driving from IA to phoenix, but I still think I should be abe to find a good ride to a decent hotel room for a decent cost.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:13 AM

fly. Its like barely an hour flight, and its like sub $100 round trip

and are you going from iowa to pheonix just cuz its close to vegas? Cuz thats a loooong ass drive
Old 11-15-2006, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this talking phoenix/ vegas? or IA/ Vegas? I can find Vegas to IA for about 170, but I was hoping I could find a better way of getting there if I knew a couple people who know about transport from vegas/phoenix.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this talking phoenix/ vegas? or IA/ Vegas? I can find Vegas to IA for about 170, but I was hoping I could find a better way of getting there if I knew a couple people who know about transport from vegas/phoenix.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking phoenix/vegas. If you are gunna fly out of vegas back to IA, you can find one way tickets from phoenix to vegas for like $50, which makes it insane to get there any other way. 5ish hours in a car with a stranger, or an hour flight thats not much more expensive than gas. With the exception of the hoover dam, the drive from phoenix to vegas is ugly as sin so its not like you'll miss any scenery.

Why not just fly from Iowa to vegas? Seems insane to spend 20+ hours in a car just to get closer to vegas.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking phoenix/vegas. If you are gunna fly out of vegas back to IA, you can find one way tickets from phoenix to vegas for like $50, which makes it insane to get there any other way. 5ish hours in a car with a stranger, or an hour flight thats not much more expensive than gas. With the exception of the hoover damn, the drive from phoenix to vegas is ugly as sin so its not like you'll miss any scenery.

Why not just fly from Iowa to vegas? Seems insane to spend 20+ hours in a car just to get closer to vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I was wondering is If I can find a better way to get to vegas. It looks Looks like just flying from IA will be the best but I was still looking to see if I could find anything better.