Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Uhhh

Stud Hi, $75/$150, $15 ante and $25 bringin, 9 handed. Sorry, I am new to posting stud hands.

3rd street:

Bring-in: (xx)3c: brings it in, calls
Player 1: (xx)5d calls, folds
Player 2: (xx)6h completes, folds
folds to
Player 3: (xx)9c raises, raises
folds to
me: (Ah4c)Ac raises, calls

4th:
Bringin: (xx)3c2h, checks, calls
Player 3: (xx)9c4h, bets, raises
me: (Ah4c)Ac8h, checks, raises, ???

Reads: bringin is pretty weak and loose, she is capable of folding big pairs on 3rd street thouugh. Player 3 is an okay player-- fairly tight and aggressive but misses bets fairly regularly.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Re: Uhhh

First off, I would keep raising until I got it heads up with seat 3. Then I would worry if he is rolled, has split 9's or a big pair in the pocket.

Dangerous waters if he is willing to raise that may times at 75/150. Maybe rolled because he damn sure ain't missing a chance to get money in the pot!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off, I would keep raising until I got it heads up with seat 3.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've told seat 3 that we've got split Aces, he doesn't seem to care.

I want to reply with my ideas on this hand, but since I'm so unfamiliar with this game I don't even know where to begin. Would it be reasonable to assume that seat 3 can only possibly have rolled up or the other two Aces?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:49 PM

Sorry for not including the dead cards. I don't remember them all, but there were no clubs out, no aces out and no 9s or 3s out.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:03 PM

If he's reasonable, you have a problem. You're telling him you have aces and he's telling you IDGAS. He probably has rolled 9's played fast (since pot was getting multi anyway) or the other two aces in the hole. Loose player could have a variety of hands - big pockets, rolled 3's, open end, 32 in the hole for two pair, etc. Depends how loose he is.

Jeff
Old 11-09-2006, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Food for thought - Level 3 thinking - I am willing to 3-bet 3rd street to represent a hand that can beat Aces if I am fairly positive my opponent has precisely that hand. I will only do this against tight thinking players who can find a fold by 5th street.

With that in mind, is Rory getting played?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2006, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Food for thought - Level 3 thinking - I am willing to 3-bet 3rd street to represent a hand that can beat Aces if I am fairly positive my opponent has precisely that hand. I will only do this against tight thinking players who can find a fold by 5th street.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible, but also unlikely given the opponent is someone who "misses bets regularly". This doesn't sound like the kind of person that will be pulling off such a devious maneuver.

I think Hero absolutely has to call 4th, but beyond that I'm lost. I'm a fish, so I'm probably getting to the river unless something horrific develops that tells me that my Aces up can't be good even if I make them. With the bringin donating (hopefully, unless he's setting a trap) to the pot I think that might provide enough cushion for us to push on in the hand.

I think this is a very interesting situation simply because I've never really experienced it as a result of not playing much Stud.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's possible, but also unlikely given the opponent is someone who "misses bets regularly". This doesn't sound like the kind of person that will be pulling off such a devious maneuver.

I think Hero absolutely has to call 4th, but beyond that I'm lost. I'm a fish, so I'm probably getting to the river unless something horrific develops that tells me that my Aces up can't be good even if I make them. With the bringin donating (hopefully, unless he's setting a trap) to the pot I think that might provide enough cushion for us to push on in the hand.

I think this is a very interesting situation simply because I've never really experienced it as a result of not playing much Stud.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the bring-in donating? I'm just as worried about the bring-in calling 3 bets cold on 3rd and another 2 cold on 4th.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 PM

That's why I said hopefully, I'm not convinced that we aren't walking into the bringin's trap even if we're tied with seat 3, but I need more convincing to let go of my hand.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

TT

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent point in theory, but I've never seen anyone who'll do it. I don't play 75-150, but have played with 75 regulars playing 30-60. None would make that play. If other 75 regulars have seen it done, like Jeff, maybe I'm wrong.