Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 09:21 PM

Default But....But....But.... AK is teh nuts, no?

Villain here is I_DO_COKE. Stats are like 20/12/2. Not much history. Theres the 1 hand where we both got AI preflop with AKs and I hit my flush. I posted it in the cheese thread. He's been playing slightly nitty maybe, but not overly so. Def not as aggressive as me or some other 2p2ers. I've not been outa line much. Just the normal stuff. a cbet here, the odd light rr, but not much at all and just stadard stacking donks to get my stack.

What should be my river plan? Is it a c/c or c/f, or is betting good? Given that I DID bet, can I call. I'm getting AMAZING odds, but what do I beat?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $183
Button: $219.80
Hero: $690.05
BB: $226.45

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $26</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($54, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $35</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($124, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($124, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $67</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $158.8</font>
Old 11-10-2006, 09:27 PM

Default Re: But....But....But.... AK is teh nuts, no?

Fold. He has KQ/88/QQ.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain here is I_DO_COKE. Stats are like 20/12/2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would think his vpip would be alot higher with that name, maybe he's just a liar [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
anyway, i'd probly fold once i bet, figure best we can hope for is a chop, but then i'd AIM you and ask what I should have done~~~
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 PM

I would check that flop usually. I think it's about the worst for cb:ing in a rr pot and if your gonna do it f the small cb in rr pots mantra you need to close to pot it.

I've honestlt got no idea wtf is going on on the river. I think I like your bet but I have no idea what he's shoving w/. I guess QQ/88/77/78s in terms of hands you lose to and maybe missed flush draws(unlikely if he's playing in any way nitty) and creative pp's&lt;KK that haven't setted that put you on a TT/JJ tyoe of hand. I dunno thats rly stretching it though. I gotta say I've talked myself into a rational fold but i don't blame you if you called cos I know at the time I would of gone lol pot odds fu I_DO_COKE I have tptk and thats teh nuts calllll babbbbyyyyyyyy.

Paul
Old 11-10-2006, 10:01 PM

i would've checked and called up to 3/4 river bet on the chance that he bluffs river with 99-JJ or diamonds. It just doesn't look like he has a hand he can call a river bet with.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:09 PM

Check the flop, or bet more is you're going to, your C/B is too low.

Check call reasonable river bet.

As played, fold the river, you are beating nothing except maybe a poorly played A/Q (unlikely) or a busted diamond draw, best you can hope for is a chop.