Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2006, 12:10 AM

Default Protecting multiple draws and buying outs

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG+2 posts a blind of $0.10.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Protecting multiple draws and buying outs

I'm notsure what the question is but:

Preflop: I fold this UTG.
Flop(as played): Nothing to protect. We missed the flop. We are on a draw so I guess we have about 8 outs we call not raise.
Turn: I check it through un improved.
River: I bet it as you did.

Others may disagree but thats my line.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:35 AM

Not sure if cleaning up outs is a worthwhile venture at this limit, but the rest of the hand looks good.

Buzz
Old 11-10-2006, 12:41 AM

I guess my question is does the gut shot, back door flush, overcard enough to raise here. It seems like almost as good of flop as I could have hoped for since I didn't flop a FD
Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM

Too thin for me but I was reading Buzz's response and he seemed to like it. You can take Buzz's advice to the bank over mine because of his experience and knowledge of the game. I don't really like the overcard outs that much because of the low kicker (3 but discount but by how much?) and the gutshot is 4 + back door flush is ??? one or less? Pot laying 6:1 say seven outs? Pretty thin.

I don't know what the raise is for? What is the plan? If you want to build a pot in case your straight hits wouldn't encouraging overcalls be the ticket? If you ar wanting o raise for value don't you want ahand first? If to isolate,why? I;m confused.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:10 AM

This play is okay in a big pot when it is fairly likely that someone has a bigger Ax hand behind you. I dunno it isn't terrible or anything but I would call the flop.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:41 AM

I think he was hoping to get hands like A-J and A-Q to fold to gain 3 ace outs, but i'm not sure this has positive ev.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:05 AM

I like the flop raise because we eliminate other players and get a free card on the turn.
But on the turn I would take the free card and not bet!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 AM

I like the flop raise too. I think also, you should take the free card on the turn. By raising on the flop and getting a free card on the turn, you get implied pot odds ~5:1 (BB); and your drawing odds to the river for 7 outs (4 for gutshot + 1,5 for bdfd + 1,5 for bought outs for aces) are 2,6:1.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:36 AM

On the flop, it's not a strong draw that you possess. You have 4 outs to 4's, 1.5 to BDFD, and maybe 1 out to A's = 6.5 outs. I would call the flop bet and fold the turn to aggression. Why did you bet the turn anyway?