Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Hand history from the Full Tilt 163

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HH30972/...0061108_152630

as always, questions and comments welcome. I screwed up a few hands, and did many, many nonconventional things, but I think I played really well on the whole.

edit: I had to request the HH from full tilt since it didn't properly save on my hard drive, so some of the information is a little inaccurate (occasionally antes are missed and such), but the hands and all plays are correct.

second edit: watching it now i see that some of the hands are missing, which is why I occasionally add to my stack without actually having played the hand in question. Not sure what's up with that. Still, the ones that are there should provide enough interesting discussion.

third edit: it appears Xfactor dropped about 30 hands when I uploaded the file, without explanation. They just don't show up. Ehh, what can I tell you?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Hand history from the Full Tilt 163

Man post the [censored] status bar version so I don't have to watch you fold rags.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man post the [censored] status bar version so I don't have to watch you fold rags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nath folds rags?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:35 PM

nath - thanks always enlightening

can you share with me your thoughts on hand 22 - the qq in the bb? so my thinking would of been to either
- push over him on the flop bet
- or fold to the turn push

it worked but want to understand what you put him on for calling the push

thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 PM

well the villain seemed to be a laggrotard, hands before called turn and river bet with ace high, but he had better ace. you had a read on him?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:08 PM

Can you explain your thoughts on hand 15 a little bit? I know the PFR has been opening a lot of pots, but I just dont understand why you decide to make this play here. Not criticizing, just learning!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FINE:
http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA30972/...08_152630/1617

oh and i read through the hand history file again and some of the hands are screwed up because occasionally the file that FTP support sent me leaves out cards and such so it drops the hands. weird, i know; i may try to request a full one again to fix that.

[ QUOTE ]
can you share with me your thoughts on hand 22 - the qq in the bb?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hand 19 (and to a lesser extent 21) is key to understanding this. Villain had just tried the old "LOL MINRAISE TURN SO I CAN TAKE CONTROL AND BLUFF RIVER" line and he also bluffed hand 21 as well (and I called and lost to the only bluff I didn't beat [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]). I thought it was extremely likely he would try to bluff again on this hand, with something like 88, or whatever junk he was holding. Either way, it's more profitable to let him do the betting, because if I move in, I never get it in vs. a worse hand, but if I let him bet, he often bluffs off his stack to me there. I was wrong in this case about him having a worse hand (well, in a sense I was right, because he called my big reraise PF with A9 offsuit), but then I got lucky anyway. Running good: It's great!
Old 11-08-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain your thoughts on hand 15 a little bit? I know the PFR has been opening a lot of pots, but I just dont understand why you decide to make this play here

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought the money was there for the taking, that's why-- I had position, and I thought I could scoop up a few hundred chips without much of a fight. Unfortunately, I was wrong and they both called me. When I flopped a pair, though, I decided the pot was large enough to win right now, and I could put the pressure on them to call me (my line is strong and a medium pair like never calls there). So I jammed it and they both folded quickly.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:23 PM

I just signed up for PXF, because I have been wanting to for a long time, and this just makes it decidedly worth it.. I seem to be having some problems with the hand replayer though, as when I click on the "status bar version" the hands I click don't always actually come up. I've tried using IE, FF and FF with IE tabs embedded and nothing really seems to work. Any suggestions?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:34 PM

Nath can you give me some insight into how you choose your open size? I have been thinking alot about varying the size of my raises and why there are merits to doing it, but I guess the problem I have is that I don't really understand when it's better to 2.5x and when it's better to 3.5x it. I have heard all sorts of methods about raising more in EP so you dont play as many hands out of position, and then I've heard the other school that says raise more IN position so that you make your opponents put more money in out of position to see a flop. Since I've never really understood the concepts well, I usually just go with 3x until the blinds are relatively high compared to the average stack at which point I switch to 2.x, and I never vary it...