Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 08:52 PM

Default 16: Bubble blinds up next hand

As is this push is -EV, but the other 3 players are all TAGs so I won't get a walk next hand and won't have much if any FE. The other shorty is slightly less aggressive than the other two and I have a feeling he will try to wait me out. Who likes this push?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1560)
Button (t7130)
SB (t1195)
BB (t3615)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t1535 (All-in)</font>
Old 11-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Re: 16: Bubble blinds up next hand

I do the same
Old 11-03-2006, 09:08 PM

i would push in this spot, esp if they are typical push fairly well/call too tight tags.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:09 PM

None of them I have a ton of hands on so I'm not sure exactly how they will call on the bubble. Does it make any difference if I pushed the previous hand? Before that I had been relatively inactive.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
None of them I have a ton of hands on so I'm not sure exactly how they will call on the bubble. Does it make any difference if I pushed the previous hand? Before that I had been relatively inactive.

[/ QUOTE ]

my experience at the 16s has been that they wont react to this until at least the 3rd or 4th in a row. Obv its player dependent but as a general rule i dont adjust calling ranges significantly unless ive pushed 3 or more in a row.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As is this push is -EV, but the other 3 players are all TAGs so I won't get a walk next hand and won't have much if any FE. The other shorty is slightly less aggressive than the other two and I have a feeling he will try to wait me out. Who likes this push?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1560)
Button (t7130)
SB (t1195)
BB (t3615)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I will be the sole voice of disagreement, here. I muck this without even thinking twice about it. Ugly situation, but I don't think this is the answer for it.

Les
Old 11-03-2006, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero (t1560)
Button (t7130)
SB (t1195)
BB (t3615)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I will be the sole voice of disagreement, here. I muck this without even thinking twice about it. Ugly situation, but I don't think this is the answer for it.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think its really much better/worse either way. You can put it in here and pray for folds, or at least HU, or you can fold and pray for a better hand/situation in the next two hands. I prefer the proactive approach, but im not 100% convinved its any better.