Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Call or Fold?
Call 34 60.71%
Fold 22 39.29%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-29-2006, 10:54 PM

Default Feelings on the Spiritual / Ghosts / Metaphysical...Whatever

So, Halloween always brings up TV shows and so forth on ghosts, haunted places, spiritual jive or whatever you’d like to call it. So, I saw part of one this afternoon on the world’s scariest places. I got to thinking about this crowd and how people here felt about these things (and how strongly). Perhaps there would even be some interesting stories.

However, my first question is concerning your beliefs.

My second question is for those that believe there is nothing more than what you can see. What do you think it would take to shake your belief?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Feelings on the Spiritual / Ghosts / Metaphysical...Whatever

The only thing that will make me a believer is if I experience it myself. I don't believe all of the hocus-pocus on tv.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that will make me a believer is if I experience it myself. I don't believe all of the hocus-pocus on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Ive seen a lot of messed up stuff in my day, not having to do with ghosts, stabbings, a couple deaths, having my finger chopped off, adn I was calm/not scared during mnost of them, but I get an uneasy feeling when I see/hear irl things, or tv shows dealing with this stuff, so ya, I believe in ghosts etc.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:09 PM

Agreed about the tv hokus pokus. Also all the haunted house programs allways involve catholic priests and we never get to know what happened to the house after the people that experienced the haunting left. Don't they have haunted houses in non catholic countries and do ghosts just hunt one family then leave?
I call BS!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ive seen a lot of messed up stuff in my day, not having to do with ghosts, stabbings, a couple deaths, having my finger chopped off, adn I was calm/not scared during mnost of them, but I get an uneasy feeling when I see/hear irl things, or tv shows dealing with this stuff, so ya, I believe in ghosts etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. So, you're saying since you experience some sense of fear or whatever regarding this topic, you realize that you don't NOT believe in something.

I think many people are here and would not care to admit it or don't know it. Put them in the right circumstances, and we'd find out in a hurry. Fear shows the lack of faith.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it pretty weird that people won't trust a pretty trustworthy person's account, but they trust their own senses in this way..

I was once driving with a friend and a car simply disappeared from what we could see...it was very strange because we both saw it..

but even that doesn't make me want to start rewriting the laws of physics...I'll simply accept that there was some explaination..although I have no idea what it could be
Old 10-29-2006, 11:12 PM

geez...look at a #2 pencil on your desk. You are seeing a pencil you can touch/feel/smell/taste....is it "real"? You're only seeing a *very* small portion of electromagnetic energy (visible light) that your primative physical eyes are capable of seeing....the image gets flipped upside down by your cornia...then your brain readjusts it rightside up. And that's "real"? Come on. The miniscule percentage of senses your body organs are tuned to hear/see/smell/taste/feel are "all that is real"? That's just rediculous. Expand your mind. Learn. Study the possibilities of what all else is out there. It's foolish for any educated human being to limit themselves to thinking our meager secular senses encompass all that exists.

Sheesh.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:12 PM

If anyone is into this stuff, check out web page tuesday night from 4 to 7, there is a great radio show where they broadcast a live taping at various haunted spots, last couple years was Lemp (one of the most haunted places in America), even if you dont believe in this stuff its a great show from the perspective of getting you to imagine how people would listen to teh radio in teh 30s/40s and before .
Old 10-29-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For you and Alobar:

If you did see something yourself that could not be explained logically, how do you think this would this impact you?

Do you think you could just leave it alone? Or would you have to start investigating things and examine whether or not you're missing something? If so, what would be the first place you would start to search for answers?