Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Default Michelin PAX run flats

I have a 2005 Honda Odyssey with run flat tires. About a week ago the tire pressure warning came on. I've had tire monitoring on other vehicles and it's common for pressure to get low when the temp goes down. (It was at 28 pounds when its supposed to be 33.) So, I had air put in it when I had my oil changed next time I drove it.

Got in the van last night, and the tire warning is on again. Uh-Oh.

Checked the tire today and it's got a nail in it.

Now I've driven a probably 100 miles on a run flat that you're supposed to drive 125 on before you get it fixed. The nearest dealer is 75 miles away. I have to have the car tomorrow afternoon.

So, they have an 800 number that you can call if you can't get to a dealer to get it fixed. I call and explain.

They'll be here within two hours with a new tire and rim.

Tire has 36,000 miles on it, so not sure if I''ll be charged. I'll update when I find out.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Michelin PAX run flats

First call from them - they'll be here between 4:30 and 5:30.

Second call, they'll be here between 5 and 6.

At 5:15 a courrier shows up with the tire; informs us he doesn't change the tire.

We call Michelin. They say someone will be here by 6 to change the tire. The courrier needs to wait to take back the damaged tire. Call back if no one is here by 5:45.

5:50 no sign of person to change tire. Call back. They say they will check and call us back. After 6, they call back - someone will be here within 1-2 hours.

I tell them the courrier has already been waiting in my driveway for an hour.

I go out to talk to him. (I'd asked previously if he needed anything.) Encourage him to go to town and get something to eat. He says he'll wait.

His boss calls me when I get back in the house. I tell him 1-2 hours. He says he'll get his guy to go get something to eat.

Courrier leaves.

Within 10 minutes the guy who will change the tire calls. (They called a new guy because the first one didn't show.) He's 25 minutes from my house.

I call the courrier on his cell phone. He says he'll turn around.

Finally both tire and tire changer are here. Takes about 10 minutes to put the new tire on.

I slip the courrier a $20 for hanging around two hours.

I sign paperwork from the courrier that I got the tire, but no one asks for money or tells me we'll be charged.

The mix up with the road service people was a hassle, but if we got a new tire out of it, I'm happy overall.

I know I had questions about run flats; not having a spare, tire availability, my distance from dealer, etc. That's why I thought I'd share this. So far, so good.