Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 08:21 PM

Default Friends Bad Relationship. (Longish)

Ok so I am good friends with both of the people in the relationship. And I know the standard rule of girlfriends of friends are off limits. But in this case I dont really know what to do.

First we'll start off with background. We are seniors in high school. They both have been dating since 9th grade. Recently (this summer) I found out that the guy is very protective to the point that he is verbally and emotionally abusive. For example, at a party that we were all at in the beggining of this summer. We were all sitting around a table outside and "Jim" and "Sara" came over to sit and talk. There were no open seats so I offered my seat to "Sara" just trying to be a gentleman. Not thinking anything of it. Then "Jim" starts acting very distant to everyone and especially "Sara". He says things like why dont you just go sit next to NeedHelp123. So I kinda just moved away from that area and then later "Sara" called me.

I asked what that was about and she began to explain their relationship. Well he is really mean to her if he doesnt get what he wants (I have seen this first hand many times). He has said *uck you to her atleast 2 times that I know of. At times that she just wanted to hang out with friends with him. And he wanted to hang out alone.

Now that I have learned all of this I have become very close friends with her trying to help her. Mainly because for some reason I am the only one she tells these things to. Now in the beggining I wasnt interested in her at all. But I have gotten to know her so well in the last 4 months or so that I have begun to really like her. I obviously havent done anything with her but would like to and she has said the same. But she is to scared to break up with him because of how he will react, or atleast that is what she has told me. Also the things he will say and do have gotten worse so I worry about what will happen next.

I think she has had a boyfriend for so long that she is scared to be alone. So oot please help me figure out what I should do. Should I just help her problems and then see what happens. Or let her know that I think she should break up with him as soon as possible becuase it is a very unhealthy relationship.

Ohhhh yeah and I'll SIHP and everything so no need to post that. Also ask any questions that I didnt answer in the OP.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Friends Bad Relationship. (Longish)

nos
Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have learned all of this I have become very close friends with her trying to help her. Mainly because for some reason I am the only one she tells these things to.

[/ QUOTE ]

unlikely. what happened was you saw some vulnerability and an opportunity to be the knight in shining armour and "save" her. I happen to be the king of this cycle so trust me when I say you need to really get over this or expect of life of high drama and unhappy endings.

you should cut ties, without being a dick, and then when thier relationship ends on its own you may have a chance. or continue down your current path and be the temporary branch she grabs onto so she can let this current on go.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First we'll start off with background. We are seniors in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice: Get a friggin' life....
Old 10-29-2006, 08:44 PM

Never talk to this girl again. Go skateboarding or something.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 PM

Let her go man. Do not make this the pattern for your adult years.