Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2006, 05:20 PM

Default Live $5/$10 Hand

Game is five handed with a great line up. I am in the BB with $1650. UTG is truly horrible and will play very passively (calling station) if lead into, but if checked may fire multiple barrels. Straddle is on so really we are playing $10/$20. UTG opens for $70 and covers with $2500+. Button folds, SB calls, Hero looks down at red TT. Normally I'd reraise here, but with aforementioned reads, I thought I could extract more value by slowplaying. Anyone else just call?
Hero calls, straddle calls.
Flop ($280) 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero leads for $175. Everyone like? Remember I said the bad player who is my target turns into a calling station if lead into...
He folds, straddler folds, SB tanks for a minute, counts down his stack, makes some comment like "I guess it's time to go, and shoves in $875 all in, making it $700 more. My read on him is that he is pretty bad as well. What would you say his range is here? Hero...?
Old 10-29-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Live $5/$10 Hand

Honestly this is really going to be ultimately based on your live read. It could be another overpair to the board, flush draw, set or straight or a combo draw. I think I take a drink to wash the puke from my mouth, grit my teeth and call and expect to see the combo draw more times than not and ask to do business...

BTW, I think you need to pump this PF, it plays a lot easier if you RR to ~$240 PF.