Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM

Default LAGs

I see LAGS with numbers upwards of 50, but mostly around the 35 - 40 mark for VPIP.

The ones that I have noted as of late, have a pfr of what seems to be standard, 10-13. There are 3 or 4 that come to mind immediately that I have played against who do exceptionally well at the tight tables. It got me to thinking. Is it possible that these high vpips are due to lack of knowledge of position and play all the cards they normally would from any position with out consideration for possible action or lack thereof behind or in front of them? Their apparent success would then be from their deception with their hands and also good post flop play.

If this is the case, I want to sit immediately to this person's left correct for isolation on my big hands, right? The difficulty comes post flop.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 AM

Default Re: LAGs

You have to be careful that people behind you don't start isolating you, isolating the LAG. If its a normal low-limit table, this isn't a problem. So, yes, the left seat is better. Theres been more than a few occasions where I've tried this and the LAG has run all over me due to running good. Its +EV IMO, but you still need good cards to back up the iso raises.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:11 AM

35 to 40 is pretty easy to play even with positional play against some screw tight tables if you know how to play post flop.

Essentially, you want to sit opposite them across the table rather than up against them if you want them to continue playing that way.

If you adjust by isolation raises, the smart ones will readjust. If they don't adjust then they were luckboxes for the most part anyways and I wouldn't worry about them and just play your normal game.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:21 AM

You probably just think they are doing well with those numbers, but it is probably just variance. I agree with Smurf in that I would like to be somewhere across from this guy, but still in position most of the time. I would like him to encourage others to play back at him and then raise both of them with my good hands.