Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Hollywood Park $125 rebuy - $100K Guarantee Tournament

10/18 Hollywood Park $125 Rebuy NL. $100 per 500 chip, 30 minutes level. 25/25. Unlimited rebuy in the first 3 levels.

Very interesting table for low rebuy.

Seat 1 is a super tight player. Hero seat 2. Seat 3,tight cash game player. Seat 4,Patrick, a well-known super aggo who players poker like playing backjack. Seat 5, "Micky", 4-5 times FT players, super aggo. Seat 6, "spiderman", 7 times 1st finishers, $400k+ gross tournament winning this year. Seat 10, Kevin Goodlin, super aggo, 3-4 times 1st finisher this year 150K+ winning....

550 players...

Most of us added on another 500, so we started at 1000.

First hand, I was on the button. "Micky" seat 4 raised to 100, folded to seat 10 Kevin, who moved all-in for 1000. Folded to seat 4, called all-in. Micky TJs vs Kevin 68,Kevin flopped straight up to 2000. Micky reloaded 1000.

Second hand, folded to Kevin who raised to 200. I looked down AQs moved all-in. Micky from BB moved all-in, Kevin called. Kevin showed T9s, Mickey JJ. Nothing on the flop, Mickey trippled up, I reloaded.

Kevin won two big pots in the next two hands and up to 4000. I said "I'm due next hand" and saw 77. Kevin raised PF to 200, I moved all-in, Micky called. Kevin Called. Micky AK, Kevin AJ, the window card was a 7. I was up to 3000...

45 seconds before the end of rebuy (50/100), "spiderman" with 3000, raised PF to 500. Kevin moved all-in for 5000. Seat 3, a tight cash player, who's been saying had never seen such action tournament, moved-all for 1500. He said this is the first time he made such move in this situation. Spideman immediately called.
3 all-in.
Spikerman Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Kevin T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Seat 3 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Spiderman called "another spade! Please!"
River 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Seat 3 couldn't believe he made a straight flush and won the main pot. Spideman picked up most kevin's chips...

550 players, 900 rebuys, 500 addons, $195K, first place $66K, 900K+ chips in play.

I had 4000 after the break and was in for $425.

First hand after the break 75/150, folded to CO Seat 1 with 4000 behind, raised PF to 400. I looked down Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], re-raised to 1000. Seat 4, BB, super aggo moved all-in for 1050. Seat 1 folded. BB had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Flop 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
river J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Ops!!! It wasn't easy.

In the next few hands, Micky, Kevin and spiderman were all knocked out. Lucky seat 1 was the chip leader with 20k+.

A broken hero filled in seat 10, I played with him at commerce a lot and I know he plays with fear in most games.

One orbit later, blinds up to 100/200.
Two limpers PF, Seat 10 on the button raised to 1200. Seat 1 folded. I was the BB and looked down K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I asked "Eric, how much you have behind?" he said "Hi Shan, I had 1900 and changes." I was pretty sure he could only call a push with top 5% of his holding here. Given his stack, the raise amount and his position, I shoved in for 5500. Folded to him. He said "You know I got no chips..." and folded AQo faced up...

Players down to 200, avg chip count 4700. I had 8000+.

Blinds are 100/200/25, Pro John Hoang came in and filled in spiderman's seat. UTG+1, a tight player, with 7000, limped in. John MP2 raised to 1200 with 3800 behind, folded to seat 1 SB, the chip leader who called. I was the BB and looked down 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I was thinking to do a squeeze push here going heads up with John Hoang, but
1. I had no read on him;
2. Seat 1's call made me uncomfortable, I saw him smoothly called with AA, 99, JJ...

Anyway, I just called. UTG called.

Big pot, 4 players.
Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Seat 1 checked. I checked.
UTG+1 bet 1000. John Hoang moved all-in. I was pretty sure John had over pair or a set, UTG+1 had AJs. Seat 1 folded, I mucked my 88. UTG+1 called and had AJo. John had K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and seat 1 said he had KQs as well. John's hand didn't improve and he was busted. [censored]!!!! (no way UTG+1 was going to call my PF push)

In the next few hands, I managed to steal two pots PF with 52s, 76s... and also lost one coinflip doubling up a short stack. But overall, I felt pretty good about my play vs the rest table. A tight weak lucky player with tons of chips on my left. Supper ago on my far left. My next three right players are tight. All the better players were busted out.

Blinds up to 150/300/25. 170 players left. avg stack 5500.
Another table broke and 3 players came to this table... one filled in seat 7. I saw seat 7 raised PF to 2000 with 99 in one hand and won coin flip against AKo.

I had 6500 on the button. No limpers, Seat 7, with 9000, in MP2 raised to 2000. Folded to me. I looked down A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and pushed. Blinds folded. Seat 7 tanked. I knew right away he didn't have a pair. His range could be AQs max. After about 30 seconds, I was pretty sure he didn't even have AQ, maybe KQ or AJ...

Finally, he decided to call with more than half of his stack. Before he flipped over, I said "AJ no good", he showed AJo and saw my AKs with a pretty sick face.

When I looked on the flop, J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], turn was J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]... he immediately got excited and explained to his neighbors about how he felt it was right to make the call.

I never had that much passion and confidence to reach the FT like I had last night. I was praying no for being lucky, but for NOT BEING UNLUCKY.... that's all.

During the last 7 tournaments, I lost to 2-3 outers 6 times, the only one time it didn't happend, I finished at 4th place.

I guess 2+2ers give much fewer bad beats and takes much more bad beats than other players?

12:30am, once my X5 crusing at 95MPH on I-105, seeing LA's night, I actually didn't feel too bad.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Park $125 rebuy - $100K Guarantee Tournament

[ QUOTE ]
I guess 2+2ers give much fewer bad beats and takes much more bad beats than other players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

I know I picked on you A LOT when you first started posting, and still today it can be hard to get through all your posts because of their length and their unorthodox style. There's a couple of spots where you seem to be a little too loose with your chips (the KQ squeeze and the 88 call, both should be folds), but congratulations. Every time you post a thread like this I notice improvement.

Keep it up.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:39 PM

Are you playing the $500 + $50 FO on Tuesday? I'll be there...
Old 10-19-2006, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know I picked on you A LOT when you first started posting, and still today it can be hard to get through all your posts because of their length and their unorthodox style.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think, after 500+ posts, today, I can express maybe 1/3 of my thought in a post...

[ QUOTE ]

There's a couple of spots where you seem to be a little too loose with your chips (the KQ squeeze and the 88 call, both should be folds)

[/ QUOTE ]
For 88 hand, I agree, the close decision should be fold or push. I probably will push if I am to play this hand again with the same players.

For KQs, I think that was a resteal. I didn't know he actually had a good hand. Given that particular player in that position with that stack, he'd rasie max to 4 bb with his top 5% holding hands JJ+ and steal with single Ace or suited connectors... Another thing is he respected me a lot at Commerce so I actually overplayed my hand. Yes, it was loose.

[ QUOTE ]

Keep it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how long I'll be able to stay in LA that why I try to catch every live tournament here. I like Barry G's "Ace on the River" describing LA poker rooms as "chaos". Too many loose/crazy actions and bad bets.

Having a clear mind, focus on my own play and decision is the only way to learn and grow.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you playing the $500 + $50 FO on Tuesday? I'll be there...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I will.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:57 AM

Say hello. I'll be the guy at the final table with all the chips in front of me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]