FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: which is better?
saved by the bell 11 68.75%
degrassi 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2006, 06:19 PM

Default To anyone that had qualified for PP MONSTER FINAL

To Everyone That Has Qualified:

I have just signed up for this board, in order to voice my issue on the Party Poker Monster Grand Final Cash Equivalent Payout.

Here is what I know: We should disregard the payments made to the monthly qualifiers and to the weekly qualifiers, because they had nothing to do with the Grand Final Prize Pool. Each of their tournaments already had a set prize pool provided by PartyPoker, so that's where the money they're getting is from.

As far as those that have qualified for the FINAL, and have received $1800.72... here is what i think.

The prize pool for the final, and only the final, was at $14.4 million when the tournament ended. If you subtract the $5 million seed PartyPoker started the Final with, that means the players of PartyPoker contirbuted $9.4 million to the tournament prizepool. Unfortunately, the 1,000 people that had qualified for the tournament each received only $1800.72, which totals only $1.8 million dollars.

My question to PartyPoker is: "Where has the other $7.6 million gone, if it is not being distributed to the players?" The majority of us had sat at cash games, with enromous rakes (because they were the majority of the tables that were offered by PP), and we gave up a lot of money on rake in order to make this jackpot bigger, and in order to qualify for the tournament. I believe it's unfair that they are taking $7.6 from us, right in front of our faces, and no one is complaining about it. We should have each gotten $9,400 instead of the measely $1,800 we've gotten.

I've emailed VIP@partypoker.com and made them aware of this, and expect the rest of you to do the same. If they do not have evidence and proof as to where that additional $7.6 million has gone, I will be enraged and will consider a legal pursuit.

Please let me know what you all think.
kap0504