Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 08:23 AM

Default Pick for today (YTD 4-2 +2.25)

No pick last week

Well, I haven't had chance to follow through on my rushing theory, but I'm sure I will.
This week though, there's a logical first half play based on other theories I've had through the season in my picks thread and also in the 3+1 challenge.

Of course, the game that drew my attention this week was always going to be the Cardinals one. The fact they're in Oakland makes it all the more fascinating.
The main point of first half picks is to have some reason to avoid the second half. I think that's self-explanatory, I don't want to have to worry about chokes and things.

Another theory I've been toying with has been the one that bad home sides play better when it's one of very few chances they'll have to win in front of their own fans. This falls into that category.

The thing that worries me a little here is that the Cardinals seem to be quite a bit better than your average 1-4 rubbish and that although I expect the Raiders to play up, I'm not sure that will count for enough. The Cardinals D kept the Bears to 0 touchdowns last week.

Given that home advantage is more noticably helpful on Defense than Offense, (especially as surely the fans will recognize this as a chance) I've gone for the following bet:

Cardinals/Raiders first half u20 -116 (Pinnacle) 1.16 units to win 1 unit

Lori
Old 10-22-2006, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Pick for today (YTD 4-2 +2.25)

Erm, very unlucky push or something like that.

Okay, let's forget about this one as it was a push afterall [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lori