Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 05:18 PM

Default Neteller asking for id is bitch work

Neteller has been really a bitch to me. I had been trying to open my account since august 28th. I already tried to verify my ssn number with the lady over the phone. Unfortunately, they couldn't verify it for some odd reason. So I was like "ok, I'll just send in my driver liscnece and ssn card". The lady informed me it should take 3-5 business days to verify it. During that time I was pretty understanding about why they needed my info.

Didn't realize that I've sent it in with the crop edges but they responded politely in the next 4-5 business days informing me about it. So thumbs up on that part.

So next day I resend them in with no edges cut off the documents. I wait a week and 3 days, still no word from them.

I then decided to use live chat and asked what happen. The live chat tells me again that the edges were cut off. At that point I just thought maybe my email got lost.
Sooooo then I resent them for the 3rd time on sept 18th.

Now it's today friday. Decided to check up on them since they usually would email me about this. This time I didn't play the Mr.niceguy.

Barrin6: Hi, I sent in my documents on monday. So my account should have been opened already
Barrin6: This is the 3rd time I've sent them too
Nicole: Before we proceed, may I ask your security question please?
Barrin6: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Nicole: What is your ???????????????????
Nicole: thank you please hold
Nicole: So it looks like we received your email on September 1
Nicole: sorry `15
Nicole: however the documents were not acceptable
Nicole: so we will need you to resend them please
Nicole: also please make sure that they are not cropped
Barrin6: No I sent them this monday
Barrin6: I sent them 3 times already
Barrin6: are you sure you have the right ones?
Barrin6: I'm 100% sure they were not cropped
Nicole: Yes I see that we have received them but they were unacceptable because they were cropped
Barrin6: I've sent them on the 18th
Barrin6: you guys have the whole id with the edges attached
Nicole: well if you've resent them on the 18 we will need 5- 10 business dyas to review them
Barrin6: I don't understand why you need my social security id in the first place. There has been many occurences of idenity theft
Barrin6: Isn't sending the social security number a bit excessive?
Nicole: Using the last four digits of your bank account we were unable to verify your full identity
Nicole: To avaoid any possiblity of fraud or theft we do have to reqwuest ID
Nicole: I do apologize for the inconvenience
Barrin6: on the phone you asked for my last 4 digits of my social security number
Barrin6: not my bank account, if you meant my bank account number , then I gave the wrong one
Nicole: Yes we do, that is an identity verification qquestio, however we were unable to verify your fulll identity in our system using the ;last 4 digits
Barrin6: if you need my last 4 digits of my bank account i can give it to you
Barrin6: because last time I gave you guys my social security number
Barrin6: you never asked for my bank number
Nicole: I don't need the last four of your bank account, we need your ID and Social Security information
Barrin6: well it's been almost a month since I tried to reopen my account.
Barrin6: this is really absurd
Nicole: Unfortunately the emails you have sent us were unreadable we do apologize
Nicole: If you;ve jsut resent them we will take 5-10 days to go over them and reopen your account
Barrin6: Most people I know who had neteller didn't have to send in info
Nicole: It is a fairly standard practice, if we cannot verify your identity, for security purposes we do need to request documentation
Barrin6: Could I just send in my driver liscense
Barrin6: i'm sure that is enough for identification
Barrin6: I feel really vulnerable sending in my social security card
Nicole: Along with that we will also need to see the front and back of your Social Security card
Barrin6: front and back? I thought it was just the front
Nicole: Well you can always get a third party verification document
Nicole: no front and back
Barrin6: but there's nothing on the back of the social security card
Barrin6: and what 3rd party verification document?
Nicole: We do need to see both sides unfortunately
Barrin6: Do I need to show both sides of my driver lisecnese too?
Nicole: That would be where you go down to your local Social Security office and get them to fill out sign and stamp verification documents
Barrin6: and maybe the side of the card too?
Nicole: Sir, please be civil I am opnly trying to help
Barrin6: If you could please
Barrin6: just at least send me an email if the docs aren't clear
Barrin6: I had to call you guys in order to find out
Barrin6: I could had waited 2 months without knowing what happened
Nicole: Certainly, it will be in your email account within the next 5 minutews
Nicole: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Barrin6: Alright, I'm going to wait another 5 business days, if nothing, I am just going to give up
Barrin6: no and thank you

So now I'm pretty pissed and frustrated. Could any of you guys confirm that I have to send in the front and back of my ssn card? Nicole seemed a little misinformed about the 5-10 business days.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Neteller asking for id is bitch work

You are certainly going through a lot to open you account. However, why ask any questions here? Just send the blank-back of your SS card like the lady asked and get on with your life.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2006, 07:28 PM

I had the exact same issue, except they told me I HAD to get a third party verification form from my local SS office. Never mind that my SS office had no idea what the hell NETeller was talking about, though they did give me a really unofficial looking piece of paper verifying my SSN. So I send that to NETeller along with a copy of my SS card, but block out all but the last 4 numbers (that's all they asked for, right?). NETeller tells me, 4 weeks later, that my documents are unacceptable and to resend them. I refuse, since there's no way in hell I'm giving up my full SSN over the web (my mother just went through a case of identity theft due to someone obtaining her SSN). I ask NETeller if there's any other way I can open an account without giving them my full SSN, and they don't even respond. Going to call them this weekend, since I just read in another NETeller thread that their phone service is much better than email or live chat. It's still ridiculous to me though that they don't bother to even answer emails.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:18 PM

My friend is going through a similar situation where they won't verify his account unless he gives them his full ssn, which he doesn't want to do for obvious reasons. anyhow, id be interested if youre inclined to keep us updated on your situation.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend is going through a similar situation where they won't verify his account unless he gives them his full ssn, which he doesn't want to do for obvious reasons. anyhow, id be interested if youre inclined to keep us updated on your situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same as your friend. I'm going to try and call them next time and argue with them about sending in my ssn number. I heard numerous success stories about twoplustwoers not having to send in their numbers.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:41 AM

Her spelling and punctuation (lack of) are terrible. How the hell is she working as an live chat CS rep?
Old 09-23-2006, 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Her spelling and punctuation (lack of) are terrible. How the hell is she working as an live chat CS rep?

[/ QUOTE ]
You must have never got a phone call from a ebonics spewing telemarketer then.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:58 AM

Wow, I'm glad I opened mine up there a couple of years ago and am done with it.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:58 AM

Call them. They bitch over email and live chat, but once I got a live person on the line I got signed up within ten minutes.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:14 AM

I recently had the document runaround with neteller. I have been using them for a few years now to transfer money in and out of poker sites and they were happy to do so on the strength of an initial phone call.

Recently I decided to attempt a direct wire with them and they refused my copies of utility bills, and demanded that I provide them with a phone bill in my name. I don't receive carbon copies of any phone bill in my name and told them so. Their reply - was pretty much "eh, thanks for coming."

Funnily enough moneybookers are happy to take my wiring business.