Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Stars statement coming this week.

My email:

In the past few months, I've moved quite a bit of my play to PokerStars. I am well on my way to hitting Supernova in four months' play. However, the recent legislation passed here is of great concern to me. The fact that Stars has not yet made a definitive statement on the issue is extremely troubling. What's the deal? Are you staying in, or not? I have always had great experiences with your site, but your lack of a decision feels like a slowroll. Why should I keep grinding to reach your highest bonus level - which I may never reap any benefit from - when I can cash out and start getting settled in with sites which have already made a commitment to their American players? Please note that I am not concerned with the safety of my money. Rather, I'd like to hear some reasons why I should be working towards Supernova, when it's a crapshoot whether or not I will actually get any benefit from it.

Sincerely,

[name removed]

Response from vipclub@pokerstars.com :

Hello [name removed],

PokerStars will have a statement this week. Supernova rewards will only
improve with time. Thank you for being a VIP on PokerStars.

Regards,

Scotty
PokerStars VIP Team

Feel free to delete this if this is old news.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Stars statement coming this week.

poorly written/accusatory email.

by the way, do you think the VIP club (or anyone from customer support) makes executive decisions? this could have been done in a much more pleasant fashion.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:05 PM

Nah. . it is newsworthy. They aren't giving away their hand, but it is interesting nonentheless. Here's hoping you get a chance to make SuperNova!

Les
Old 10-09-2006, 04:15 PM

"Supernova only improving in time" (as told to American), and a forthcoming statement seem to infer continuity... no?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Supernova only improving in time" (as told to American), and a forthcoming statement seem to infer continuity... no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I got from it.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:54 PM

i agree with the continuity inference, but i still am unclear as to whether this law will prohibit them from acquiring and/or distributing gift cards from american companies--and mailing us awesome monitors and tvs. if they can't get that stuff then i don't see how supernova could improve without cash-back incentives.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:55 PM

lol. How long has it been since the big rush of news regarding the legislation... like a week? I understand everyone's concern, but we should be happy that stars is taking the time to evaluate the situation. In the business world, this can't happen overnight. I'm very surprised some other sites reacted so quickly, either positive or negative. Assuming that stars is actually doing their reasearch, I very much respect their approach to the situation. This stuff takes some time. Meeting with the board, getting attorneys in the mix, proposing options, evaluating options etc. The problem I have with the OP's email, is that stars already knows people are waiting on their statement, stars has probably already had 50,000 emails asking about this. Of course we are all waiting patiently, so let's keep doing so.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful fellas...we're trying to infer things from statements made by low level support reps. Unless something is explicitly stated, I wouldn't get my panties in a bunch.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:43 PM

Panties not bunching yet. But I also agree that it could spell something positive forthcoming.
This is in more of a 'fingers-crossed' type of mindset though and I'm still not actively pursuing Supernova until I hear SOMETHING regarding their stance on U.S. players.

After that, IF it looks promising then I'll be really pushing to get in my 60k VPP's fairly quickly.
Also partly depends on the supposed supernova and VIP improvements that are to come.

"by the way, do you think the VIP club (or anyone from customer support) makes executive decisions? this could have been done in a much more pleasant fashion. "

perhaps could have been done a bit more pleasantly but I don't really have a problem with it.
His tone really isn't that bad and I don't think it's a bad idea to let Stars know that their delay in an announcement does have an impact on whether some of us are going to play there or not.

I share the same frustrations and, I guess, general impatience in all of this.
I'm not exactly jumping all over the place about it.
But I do kind of think that Stars could 'get on with it already and make an official announcement' about all of this.

I haven't sent any e-mails to their support though because I know that they are already reading my thoughts about this issue in these forums. Which, of course, is another reason why it's so generally easy to heart Stars so much.
Knowing that they are listning even when I'm not e-mailing them directly.

I'm optimistic.
Just waiting for something official.

good to hear that we can expect something this week.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:47 PM

it means nothing what happens is this.

op brought up two subjects in his email

support rep looks up both subjects and gets statement coming next week + VIP benefits always getting better and then responds

you guys are reading way to much into it.