Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 PM

Default 75s turn bet size (50 6m)

This guy was something like 60/3/1 after 40 hands. His aggression frequency on the flop is very low. I'm curious about the turn. I'm a little concerned that the size of my turn bet will discourage calls from better hands, but at the same time I think I'm probably beating his range, and the river's all me, baby! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I'm actually not quite sure that i'm beating his range on the turn.

So, I'm just curious if you guys like getting less on the turn. Any comments on the rest of the hand are welcome. I'm actually kinda pleased that this hand was played somewhat logically, which is weird for me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $93.20
UTG+1: $47.50
hero: $50
Button: $39.25
SB: $49.50
BB: $71.20

Pre-flop: (6 players) hero is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, hero calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2.75, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $2.85</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($8.45, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets $6</font>.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:20 PM

Default Re: 75s turn bet size (50 6m)

At this point it looks like he has a pair, and I don't think you have an edge on the turn, and I doubt he's folding a better hand. I would check it down and expect him to not bet worse hands on the river.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:24 PM

I would check behind turn. The 7 doesn't look like a good hand to double barrel on, take the free card.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:27 PM

I really suck in these spots b/c I am very bad at calculating my equity vs. his range. This guy certainly has the makings of someone who struggles to find the fold button.

If I am betting, I like the size. It's not too big, but it seems big enough to potentially fold out some bigger hands. I'm not sure however if its better to check the turn and take a free card. We have like eleventy outs to a made hand.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM

I tend to agree with the guys that say check through the turn, though I was kinda pleased with my chances on the turn previously....

I don't know, this is tough. I think I MIGHT have an edge, but a lot of that edge comes from hands that can't really call a bet. I think if I do make a bet, it should be one that punishes hands with 6 outs, but just barely, since that's really all I need to do anyways.

Without running all the math, though, I think that the first people that responded that said check it through were right: I no longer "feel" that I have an edge on the turn, partly because I'm not sure about how much equity my hand has against various hands that are better than me right now.

--Dave.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:47 AM

At first glance I like the turn bet. A loose player could still be in there with overcards, and 8, a flush draw, a pair of 4s or 6s. You're only behind an overpair, a 9 or a made straight.

But the dangerous thing is you're not drawing to the nuts- there are better straight draws out there, the board has a flush draw that will make a quarter of your outs suck.... all in all, I think we want the pot small.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:08 AM

Lets see;
1. Weak draw+weak pair
2. Villain is passive and has a wide range here
3. If you bet he is; Likely to fold worse hands, and likely to call with better hands.

Conclusion, check the turn. And check/call a decent river bet if you miss.