Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 07:36 AM

Default $0.50/$1 - 66 - paired flop against LAG, turn play ?

Hi all!

opp. - 32/26/8.5 (7/7/-) 152h

I know, that I lose this hand because of my own mistake - turn bet. Now I think it will be better to chek the turn and call any river against such a maniac. What can you tell about turn and river play here?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB
Old 10-03-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Re: $0.50/$1 - 66 - paired flop against LAG, turn play ?

Yeah, i would definately check behind on the turn. I think I would fold to a river bet too.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:31 PM

If I check behind on the turn It's to fold the river ui. That turn card sucks but I'm not sure I want to give a free card and folding to his raise is pretty easy.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:23 PM

What with all the folding here? After 152 hands villain's aggression factor is 8.5, which I have trouble believing, or else I've misunderstood the stats. Anyway, assuming he is a very aggro player that does a lot of preflop raising, I would check behind on the turn and call a river bet. You don't want to get semibluff or bluff raised on the turn and have to fold your hand. If he has nothing, you won't make any money. But he will bet the river if you check the turn.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:34 PM

I don't really mind getting bluff raised on this turn. We're not improving, the pot is small, and I don't think we're ahead a majority of the time anyway. I also don't think this turn gets bluff raised that often.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What with all the folding here? After 152 hands villain's aggression factor is 8.5, which I have trouble believing, or else I've misunderstood the stats. Anyway, assuming he is a very aggro player that does a lot of preflop raising, I would check behind on the turn and call a river bet. You don't want to get semibluff or bluff raised on the turn and have to fold your hand. If he has nothing, you won't make any money. But he will bet the river if you check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is his statistics.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:20 PM

I not a big fan of checking the turn due to all the draws out there - the turn "value check" has more value if your oppenent is likely to be drawing to a relatively small number of outs which is not true in this case. I think this would be a pretty tough calldown against most opponents if you combine the times you are behind with the times that you will get outdrawn. Maybe against this guy a call down is okay if he constantly bluff raises the turn (I guess he does raise the turn alot in your limited sample), but otherwise I think this hand is okay as played.