5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t5832
adam22: t2405
Button: t4006
SB: t4432
BB: t3325

Pre-flop: (5 players) adam22 is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">adam22 raises all-in t2405</font>
Old 09-29-2006, 07:40 AM

Default Re: is this blind steal excessive?

No. It's fine.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:42 AM

ok good. what about this:

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t200/t400
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t3100
Button: t6502
adam22: t2900
BB: t7498

Pre-flop: (4 players) adam22 is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">adam22 raises all-in t2700</font>
Old 09-29-2006, 07:44 AM

Also fine.

Been getting called a lot?
Old 09-29-2006, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also fine.

Been getting called a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha you know it.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:49 AM

might i suggest getting sngpt/sng whiz or at least some by hand ICM work? 1st one fairly standard, but the 2nd one should be so automatic that no conscious thought is required.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
might i suggest getting sngpt/sng whiz or at least some by hand ICM work? 1st one fairly standard, but the 2nd one should be so automatic that no conscious thought is required.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I would disagree with this. One of the most important things in late game of a SNG is feel, this will guide you to what you think the calling range of your opponent(s) are. This factor, "calling range" is one of the most important factors when analyzing a push/fold move.
The reason for this being that most of your +EV usually comes from the fact that your opponent will fold, and you will take the blinds which have meaning to your stack. Of course the smaller your stack, the more meaning the blind has (If you have 2500 chips 6oo in blinds is a huge gain).

In your first scenario...what I notice, is that your stack is a "critical level"...i say this because I find that when blinds are 200/400 and stack is between 2000-2500, it is the point where you need to build it to 3000 level as "SOON AS POSSIBLE"..if you let it fall under 2000 and then decide to push a hand like A5s, you are more likely to get called.
also, considering now it is 2500 and the 3 opponents after you all seem to be right around AVG (no big stack, or small stacks)..this is the best opponents to push against. Reason being is that all of them are fighting to get in the money, and all of them see themselves as having a good shot, none are desperate, and therefore they probably wont call you with just anything. Of course you have to be observant of there past behaviors.

Stack sizes:

In second scenario, you have to judge what type of big stack you are pushing against. Some are the type that got there chips and now dont want to lose there chips and so will tighten up. And others are the type that see there extra chips, as just that..."extra chips", chips they would be willing to gamble with to knock someone out. So in the second situation, you have to access this. If you find that your opponent is the type that will cal you with Ace anything, or K 10+, etc...then I would say not to push. Even if you plug the results into SNPT you will see your +EV is barely positive, not positive enough that folding is a bad decision.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I would disagree with this. One of the most important things in late game of a SNG is feel, this will guide you to what you think the calling range of your opponent(s) are. This factor, "calling range" is one of the most important factors when analyzing a push/fold move.
The reason for this being that most of your +EV usually comes from the fact that your opponent will fold, and you will take the blinds which have meaning to your stack. Of course the smaller your stack, the more meaning the blind has (If you have 2500 chips 6oo in blinds is a huge gain).

In your first scenario...what I notice, is that your stack is a "critical level"...i say this because I find that when blinds are 200/400 and stack is between 2000-2500, it is the point where you need to build it to 3000 level as "SOON AS POSSIBLE"..if you let it fall under 2000 and then decide to push a hand like A5s, you are more likely to get called.
also, considering now it is 2500 and the 3 opponents after you all seem to be right around AVG (no big stack, or small stacks)..this is the best opponents to push against. Reason being is that all of them are fighting to get in the money, and all of them see themselves as having a good shot, none are desperate, and therefore they probably wont call you with just anything. Of course you have to be observant of there past behaviors.

Stack sizes:

In second scenario, you have to judge what type of big stack you are pushing against. Some are the type that got there chips and now dont want to lose there chips and so will tighten up. And others are the type that see there extra chips, as just that..."extra chips", chips they would be willing to gamble with to knock someone out. So in the second situation, you have to access this. If you find that your opponent is the type that will cal you with Ace anything, or K 10+, etc...then I would say not to push. Even if you plug the results into SNPT you will see your +EV is barely positive, not positive enough that folding is a bad decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, sir, what you failed to take into account is that i am an absolute moron who somehow managed to analyze the KJ hand from the small blind according to the stacks from the first hand. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2006, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Scenario 2 you don't care who is in the BB or what he'll do. There is not an action the BB can take that will make KJ not a +EV push here. It is unexploitable. Push it with a smile.

Edit: Didn't realize scenario 2 was on the bubble. It is not an unexploitable push. But, still super easy one.