Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 AM

Default AKo on SB, UTG+1 all-in, CO call. BB is super aggressive.

Commerce $2580 NL.
Level 3, blinds 75/150

UTG folded;
UTG+1 All-in for 1350. (UTG+1 is avg tight-passive. She's the shortest stack at table)
Folded to CO.
CO (9000) (CO is also tight-passive) Called.
Button (Chip leader 25000) folded.
SB (Hero, 6750) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ????
BB (Tuan, 6000)

CO just called. There are 3 players yet to act (CL, medium tight-aggressive, super-aggressive), I didn't put CO on big pocket pairs (less or equal to TT). His range could be 77,88,99,TTAQ, maybe AK.

I worried about the guy on my left. If I just call here, he would have the odd to call PF with a worse hand and on the flop may have a good draw or a pair, I would also have the worst position on the flop against two more players.

Almost 3000 in the pot and I have 6750, BB has 6000, CO has 9000.

Given this, hero pushed.

Any other thoughts?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: AKo on SB, UTG+1 all-in, CO call. BB is super aggressive.

Normally, I'd push here but I think I quite like inviting the BB to push here and seeing how CO reacts. If I were closing the action, I'd call for sure because CO is surely calling our push.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:52 AM

Allin.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 AM

Pushing seems pretty standard here.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, I'd push here but I think I quite like inviting the BB to push here and seeing how CO reacts. If I were closing the action, I'd call for sure because CO is surely calling our push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious about this. Does BB wake up w/ a hand often enough to forego pushing ourselves? And if he pushes are you considering folding (in good shape w~36BB) if CO puts us all in? We will be getting ~3-1, which I am not sure is enough considering the action and tight field. If CO folds we are getting ~2-1 as a 3-2 dog. Then of course BB may flat call and put us to a decision on a drawy/missed flop. I think I just push here for value.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:12 PM

<font color="green"> </font>

I'd be very surpised if BB calls. He's pushing or folding, from what I know of Tuan. If I'm happy to get my chips in, ie: pushing, I'd like the pot to be as large as possible. However, if he's not coming along, then I'd rather see the cheap flop: CO is rarely folding here.

Generally, I'd push but possibly (this is up for discussion) the better play might be to get the aggro BB to push his chips in too. I would consider this very seriously if I thought BB was likely to make this move and if winning that pot gave me a real chance of winning (which having 20k with the cl at 25k and getting rid of a tough competitor sitting to my left must do).
Old 09-26-2006, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am curious about this. Does BB wake up w/ a hand often enough to forego pushing ourselves? And if he pushes are you considering folding (in good shape w~36BB) if CO puts us all in? We will be getting ~3-1, which I am not sure is enough considering the action and tight field. If CO folds we are getting ~2-1 as a 3-2 dog. Then of course BB may flat call and put us to a decision on a drawy/missed flop. I think I just push here for value.

[/ QUOTE ]
What kind of hand does BB wake up with? You have AK. He only has KK/AA .9% of the time. Since you have AK and there has been action to you, it is probably more like .4% of the time. Just push. If BB wants to call, fine.