Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 12:03 PM

Default 30/60 HORSE: Razz, keep the weak guy around?

I decided not to reraise on 3rd because I didn't really want to knock the Q who limped out. I'm pretty sure I like it because he's likely to make even more mistakes later in hand, but equity wise is that wrong?

On 4th is pot too small to continue? I decided that a) queen is still in there being dumb b) 3 could have paired seat 6 c) I have really strong 3 card hand and the cards I want are quite live.

HORSE - Razz ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.33 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (4.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (3.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (5.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (7.83 BB)
Old 09-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Default Re: 30/60 HORSE: Razz, keep the weak guy around?

Bet the river with your very-near-lock here. He'll call with at least T76/T65. Probably with a lot more.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:17 PM

Was just chatting with BeerMoney about this. My thinking at the time was that I might be able to checkraise, but in retrospect a bet is probably a lot better. He hasn't shown any aggression but HAS shown an ability to call with utter crap.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:44 PM

To elaborate: he clearly needs to catch to even consider calling the river, even given that he blows. If he DOES catch, and I check, I figured he might bet a lot of tens. Whereas most of the time that I bet, he can't call anyway unless he catches a card that MIGHT make him want to bet.
Old 09-23-2006, 12:45 PM

I think you played the hand fine.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:33 PM

I think that fourth is a fold because you kept the pot small on third. Maybe having the Queen in changes that, but I don't think so. I don't think that peeling is that big of a mistake, but given that you have a Trey underneath, the bettor is unlikely to be paired.

The river is a clear bet. I don't know what this guy's range of payoff hands is, but even if it's only T6xxx, your hand beats most of his range of possible hands. I imagine that he'll pay off with most Tens and probably some hands that are worse than that.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:37 PM

Wow, I didn't know there were donks that bad in 30/60. Limp/calling UTG with a Q is awful, particularly against two players and without a big ante.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:45 PM

30-60 does have a proportionally big ante, but it is still awful.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2006, 02:49 PM

lol at the check behind on the river.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
30-60 does have a proportionally big ante, but it is still awful.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
But the ante is not as big as on Full Tilt or most live games when they played it.

On Full Tilt, due to the size of the antes, I think it is sometimes worthwhile to limp a mediocre hand hoping no one wants to play or you catch good. Of course limping a Q UTG into a table of low cards is still terrible. Some of these people are probably decent players who can't play razz.