Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2006, 04:41 AM

Default As Basic as it Gets

Literally only played a few hands with villain. There was one not too long before this where I raised and he called in the BB, called a 965 flop, K turn, and flipped up JTo on the river (which isn't all that chasey, but it's what I had to go on). In this hand I'm dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the button, it folds to me and I raise. SB folds, Villain calls in the BB and we're HU.

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks, I bet...
Old 01-27-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: As Basic as it Gets

are plently of draws for him to peal with on that board, you have an easy fold to a check/raise, so uhhh... yeah. looks good from over here.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 AM

Default Re: As Basic as it Gets

I do a ton of betting in this situation. My recent stats post and the discussion that followed has me rethinking this. I think that people peel the flop so much and give up on the turn that this is a good bet. If you're called by a pair, you have a few outs, and this bet will get you a free showdown. The showdown has value apart from this hand since he is unknown and you can see what he is defending with.