Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Top 2 Pair

Party
Limit: $0.50/$1
10 players

BB is TAG (15/8)
No reads on MP3

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11.75BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

Advice on all streets also welcome
Old 09-21-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Top 2 Pair

Fold river.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:10 AM

If you don't know what to do on that river, you never should have called the turn 3-bet in the first place. Chances of villain spiking a flush on that river are pretty slim, since few thinking TAGs will 3-bet the turn with a flush draw. That means you were either ahead on the turn or drawing dead against trip Qs. I call this river, you should win more than 1 out of 12.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:32 AM

I c-bet the flop here against 2 here with position for a couple of reasons. You might have the best hand or fold a better one. We might also pick up a draw on turn (another spade or a gutter) and we will likely have the chance to take a free card. So i bet the flop here and hope i get folds or not check/raised.

As played i call the BB's turn bet. Raising only gets him to fold a worse hand or punishment from a better one. Not a reason in the world to call his 3-bet.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I c-bet the flop here against 2 here with position for a couple of reasons. You might have the best hand or fold a better one. We might also pick up a draw on turn (another spade or a gutter) and we will likely have the chance to take a free card. So i bet the flop here and hope i get folds or not check/raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a good plan. I'm curious to see what you do if you are in fact raise and/or check/raised?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:39 AM

If the TAG BB check/raises me i call thinking i have plenty of outs. If the unknown "along for the ride" player check/raises i most likely fold especially if the BB is still in.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:43 AM

Bet the flop! U have a good chance to pick up the pot.

I think u can fold the turn when BB 3-bets. The reason is the way you played the flop. When someone 3-bet pf and then check behind on a flop like this, it signals a monster hand. That doesn't bother BB, so I think it's safe to say we are dead.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played i call the BB's turn bet. Raising only gets him to fold a worse hand or punishment from a better one. Not a reason in the world to call his 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I spent a lot of yesterday arguing with poh bahs (not very sucessfully [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], he he ) I just fire another bullet. The reason to raise is to get value from our hand. If BB holds a (weaker) J or some kind of draw, raising is clearly right. Since it's such an easy fold agaisnt a 3-bet, we lose very little. Also a raise may fold MP if he holds AK (7 outs) or something. What do think?
Old 09-21-2006, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I spent a lot of yesterday arguing with poh bahs (not very sucessfully [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], he he ) I just fire another bullet. The reason to raise is to get value from our hand. If BB holds a (weaker) J or some kind of draw, raising is clearly right. Since it's such an easy fold agaisnt a 3-bet, we lose very little. Also a raise may fold MP if he holds AK (7 outs) or something. What do think?

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual i kind of miss read the post(it sucks to be both old and dumb). For some reason i thought the TAG was the pre flop raiser and that we were HU on the turn. The raise isn't bad BB can be value betting hands we are ahead of and MP3 the original pre flop raiser clearly looks like he is on a draw of some sort. Raising for value is good here but i still fold to the 3-bet barring some sort of post flop read or history with the BB.