Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 07:39 AM

Default Trip Report- First time with shrooms

hmm, I'm not sure what the point of this thread is, but I have the overwhelming urge to just speak. I have also posted this thread in OOT. But since POG is my home, I thought I would give it its on thread. So, here is my mini trip report with shrooms usage. Let me say that there is nothing exciting in this trip report. So you can just leave the thread now if that bothers you :P

I have no clue why I decided to do shrooms tonight. I'm usually not into drugs of any kind, I don't even smoke weed. But tonight, I was having a poker game at my house. You see, my parents are away on a cruise, so I have the house all to myself. So of course, I invited some people over. My friends showed up with a large bag of shrooms, lots of junk food, and I just said heck, why not, whats the worse that can happen.

So we used the shrooms as toppings on some Pizza, and ate and ate and ate. I was hungry at the time, what can I say. It definitely didn't help. We started playing some poker, and at first, it felt like I was a little drunk, or a little high. Just some slight disorientation and buzz. But then I got a phone call. I picked up, and started talking, and then half way through the convo, had no idea who I was talking to, and just hung up. At that point I started tripping out harsh. Basically, I would see things happening normally in my head, and then like suddenly, I would snap back to reality and they would be looking at me like "dude, its on you". I'd be stuck like "hrm, wtf, was I just sitting here?" and "Was I just on the phone?"

At that point I kind of panicked, and just wanted to get out of my house. For some reason, I was struck by a huge amount of guilt. I felt guilty for trying shrooms, because I'm not the kind of person who would. If my parents or anyone close to me knew, they'd be disappointed. So, I just wanted to get out of the house. I told everyone we needed to leave right away, and the poker game had to end. They were like WTF? at first...but eventually they figured out that I was tripping pretty hugely, and that I didn't know how to react.

For the next few hours, we walked the streets while my friends made sure I was ok (I was the only first time user). So I'll just use the rest of this thread to describe how it feels, for anyone that hasn't been on shrooms. And maybe my experience was different, for those who have tried them before.

Basically, it all felt like a really really really creepy movie. Its VERY hard to explain. But things would just happen for awhile like they would normally, and then all of a sudden snap you back to another reality...and you'd be like wtf, did that all actually happen, or was I imagining it. Time seems to stop, and I"d keep looking to my watch everytime this happened, and it would have barely moved from the last time I looked. You get alot of deja vu moments. Disorientation takes over, and basically it felt like I was occuring in 2 or 3 separate realities, and bouncing back and forth between them. It was like realtime though, because while in one reality, the events of the other reality would keep going and eventually I'd be snapped back to the other one. Its important for me to note that the "realities" i was in, were real, and not fantastic. For isntance, I didn't see plants talking to me, or anything crazy. Just real life happening as it usually does. Very hard to describe, VERY creepy to experience. It definitely feels like a form of psychosis.

While all that is happening, I'm not sure if my friends are tripping out either. So I was constantly getting the feeling that they were looking at me like I was crazy. So I felt guilty and kept apologizing. And they were like "just relax and let it happen".

Now, I sit here at 5am back to normal, and I can't help feeling like I was overreacting. I panicked and was like GUY I'M GOING PSYCHO, and didn't have fun with it at all.

I'm not sure my point in all that. But I just really needed to summarize my night. Perhaps you guys have other experiences to share, perhaps you want to call me a nit, perhaps you just want to post hot girl pics. All is cool with me.

CLIFF NOTES: I tried shrooms. They screwed with my mind BIGTIME. Felt like i was existing in multiple realities, and I didn't know where I was. Time stood still. Felt like a creepy horror movie. I will NEVER do it again.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Trip Report- First time with shrooms

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you for x-posting this here.

I'm thinking that for a first-timer, you downed too many since you put them on a pizza. I only have one experience with shrooms myself and it was infinitely more pleasant. It was basically around Christmas time and my friend got a cut for the two of us. I downed two caps with a glass of water. They were pretty gd horrible going down if I remember correctly.

After that, nothing much happened. I'm pretty sure I experienced all the fun parts of your trip and none of the bad ones. We sat on the couch in his basement living room. It was dark and only lit by white Christmas lights. Time did seem to slow down. Most notably the glow from the lights piercing the darkness was quite fascinating. We planned to put on a movie but we ended up just sitting on the couch for a few hours and talking about Nietzsche, the abyss, the universe, etc, after which I went home and crashed.

The guilt and paranoia are also pretty standard, especially for a first time/rare shroom/weed user. Leaving the place was probably the WORST idea. You'd likely have felt better if you were just hanging out and watching a movie with everyone and eating some food.

/semi-hijack

I also think poggers should post more OTish life experiences here. Holla

/semi-hijack off
Old 09-09-2006, 01:26 PM

I will post a food trip report soon then. I had an excellent steak dinner last night.

Traz, I want to try some shrooms now. Never done it before. Nice TR.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:27 PM

I enjoyed traz's post. I've always been curious about shrooms, but never tried them. After reading this, I'm failry sure that I will never get around to it, but it does sound like gt1t's experience was much better. I particularly enjoyed this part of gt1t's post:
[ QUOTE ]

/semi-hijack off

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-09-2006, 01:31 PM

lol, not intentional, though awesome all the same
Old 09-09-2006, 03:48 PM

traz,

nice post

amp
Old 09-09-2006, 07:55 PM

Hah. Set and setting. You should never do a psychedelic because "why the hell not"... especially if it's not normally the kind of thing you'd do. One of the things psychedelics do is to massively amplify real life. Night time and in public are definitely not great places to be tripping as well.

Anyway I definitely recommend you never do psychedelics again given a negative first experience. Also note that LSD messes with your perceptions at imho an even more fundamental level than shrooms do.

Finally, one thing you might take away from the experience is more sympathy for the mentally ill, who are trapped in worlds like that 24/7.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 PM

I like this kind of post. Have a safe trip, Traz.