Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 07:56 PM

Default Party tournament lobby keeps timing me out. Solution?

I'm trying to get back to playing on Party (yeah, yeah, I know) and keep running into a problem.

Connecting to a Tournament Lobby locks up my dial-up (yeah, yeah, nothing else is available here) internet connection for about two minutes, timing me out of any hands. Once I do get the lobby open, if I click to open any other tables in the same tourney, or if I get changed to another table, it locks up my connection for about 30 seconds ... and sometimes closes the client, along with any other games that are open at the time. It's not a CPU usage thing, it's just the Network usage going to 100% for no apparent reason.

I don't know what they're downloading every time a tournament lobby gets opened and/or every time a new table gets opened. Doesn't happen with ring games ... I can open 12 of them at any time ... only tournament lobby and multiple tournament tables.

Anybody else experiencing something like this? And have a solution?

I just got off the phone with Party support and I don't feel very good right now. I just busted out around 12th place with set over set after being disconnected for way over half the hands in the tournament.