Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 12:56 PM

Default 30/60 - rolled up 7s, aggro on 5th, icky icky 7th

Seat 1 - uber fish, 75% VP$IP.
Seat 2 - 40% VP$IP, average player, plays pretty by the book, and as is standard, can't read hands for the life of him.
Seat 3 - 43% VP$IP, calling station, doesn't like to give up any hands from what I've seen.

Thoughts? Particularly 5th & 7th?

7 Card Stud High ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10
3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___raises___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (17.40 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

5th Street - (12.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (28.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (32.80 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___?????

Fold>Raise>Call here I believe, particularly way the hand was played?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: 30/60 - rolled up 7s, aggro on 5th, icky icky 7th

well, seat 3 can beat a flush and you can't, so...
Old 08-31-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, seat 3 can beat a flush and you can't, so...

[/ QUOTE ]

how about 5th? You throw in that extra raise?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:25 PM

Given all your live cards, your play on 5th MAY have value 4-way vs. a made flush, and if there is some doubt as to whether he has it, I'm fine with it. It will be hard to get action later if you fill up though, you may be better off going one less bet here and really punishing if you fill.

7th looks like one of those huge pot situations where you still can be sure you are beat. I'm not sure why you rank raise over call though...
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 PM

you're clearly beat, but do you have > 25% equity? I'm pretty sure you do (just ran twodimes and you can't be < 30%) so I would cap.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given all your live cards, your play on 5th MAY have value 4-way vs. a made flush, and if there is some doubt as to whether he has it, I'm fine with it. It will be hard to get action later if you fill up though, you may be better off going one less bet here and really punishing if you fill.

7th looks like one of those huge pot situations where you still can be sure you are beat. I'm not sure why you rank raise over call though...

[/ QUOTE ]

5th - he WAS pretty donkish as well as a fish, so I couldn't give him full credit for the flush, although leaning towards 90%, with the other 10% having another diamond in the hole. With me being 100% live, I think it's better to raise it up at that spot. I also think if I boat up I can get extra bets out of them as with me being aggressive despite the "obvious" flush, it can give the impression that I'm just uber-lag. Tough to say if they even pay attention to that however [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River - I'm 100% convinced that Seat 1 has the flush now. He represented it on 3rd, 4th & 5th, but there was still a 10% chance I think that it's a pair and a flush, so I really don't think I can beat him after he hit that diamond. I'm also concerned that if I call, Seat 1 will raise again. If seat 3 reraises then I can muck easy, but if he calls then again I have to call.

As adanthar said, Seat 3 is representing that he can beat a flush, while I can't, but due to the way the hand has played out, Seat 3 could just be throwing a donkbet out there, instead of having me bet it, and Seat 1 raise, and him forced to call two bets cold with an inferior hand like 8s up.

I feel a raise is better than a call here, Seat 1 now is facing two bets cold with a very transparent hand and theres a possibility of mucking and folding what could be the best hand. Based on the stats on him BTW I feel a raise is out of the question, as he's not going to be frightened off here facing ten bets cold rather than two bets cold, but in other situations vs other opponents, I prefer raise to call here.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:54 PM

Ok, I see what you are saying. I think in this particular situation folding is best, but calling would be better than raising, if you were worried about some sort of insane catastrophe.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:06 PM

You're beat. You didn't fill up and you're done. You can't beat a flush, and you certainly can't beat whatever seat 3 thinks beats the flush.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I see what you are saying. I think in this particular situation folding is best, but calling would be better than raising, if you were worried about some sort of insane catastrophe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah after going over it some more, particularly in this situation, I think calling & raising both suck pretty much equally, and either play are generally spewage. Folding is miles ahead the best play here.

Results were I folded, Seat 1 raised, Seat 3 called, Seat 1 made flush on 6th, Seat 3 rivered trip 8s lol.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 AM

Seat 3 made a horrible bet and he still had you beat. Yeah, sure feels like a clear fold.