Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2006, 08:36 PM

Default 2 bluffs...one goes awry...

first hand. villain is hotbuttmudd2 (im guessing empiremaker2 since his vpip/pfr is so nitty but who knows)
effective stacks 2K

I get ATo UTG+1 6max. I make it 70 to go, HBM2 coldcalls, everyone else folds.

flop comes J72r. I check, he checks.

Turn J. I check, HBM2 makes it 120, i make it 450, he calls. I intend to checkfold the river sinceh e called.

River A. [censored]. I check, HBM2 bets 500, I....

Villain in this hand is dontstopmenow. also fairly tight preflop. effective stacks 2700

stop_u_donkey makes it 70 on teh button, DSMN coldcalls the SB, I make it 320 in the BB with AJo. SUD folds, DSMN calls.

Flop comes T77. DSMN leads like 400 or something, I push....

my thinking here is that I lose to TT but he folds out everything else. I dont think he plays AA-KK like this preflop, maybe not even QQ.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:46 PM

Default Re: 2 bluffs...one goes awry...

Hand one:

You have a bluff catching hand, and that's about it. In my mind, he's got to have air (or maybe, maybe 89, 9T) on the turn to be betting that river and you be good. If that was the case, are you calling 500 on the river if the river pairs the deuce? Why would he bet the river with a 7 or something here? This has to be like 8th level thinking where he's calling the turn thinking you have solely A high and then wants to bluff you off your money river. I'd guess if he is doing something like that, I'd let him have this hand. Good for him.

Hand 2:

Seems fine. I'd agree TT is really the only hand that calls.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:50 PM

hey
include your image.

and hand 1 is a clear fold imho
Old 09-01-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey
include your image.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am playing average TAG preflop, and average TAG postflop. none of my big bluffs had been caught up to this point
Old 09-01-2006, 09:28 PM

hand one i don't know .. opponent specific really but hand two.. what games or where do you guys play that you can agree that "only TT calls." I agree this is probably never AA - QQ but in my games i get called here nearly 100% by AT KT 99 JJ and 88. i do have a crazy image though, but even when i play a TAG bluffless game i would be very hesistant about trying to push any of those hands out of the pot because EVERYtime i know someone has a marginal holding and like AT here i push knowing they can't call and they call begrudgingly anyway.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:36 PM

Baron

Hand 1 is a fold against this guy i think. You only beat a bluff, which, at this point is making a pretty advanced play on you since there really arent any missed draws he can have

Hand 2: I've definitely called in this spot with JJ or a small T and folded against some opponents. To be honest, I don't think your line really screams "Big pair". It's kind of like, "well he's fast playing a big pair sometimes or he's on a bluff. I think my JJ is good. Call."
Old 09-01-2006, 10:02 PM

If you are an opponent that would call a push, how would you react to a call on the flop? Because, my experience is fold equity declines as agression decreases. If I call on the flop with a missed reraise, I find trouble getting a fold on the turn. However, if I push the flop, I get folds against JJ, MOST of the time.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:13 AM

Moonshine,

My opponent would have to be right about me bluffing like 70% of the time for this to be the crrect call ( i didnt do the math, someone do the pot odds)

But that also means my bluff has to work an inordinate amount of time.

he just so happened to have TT here and (of course) stacked my ass, but i dont totally hate the play, especially if he'll play 99 like this. (how should he play 99 here?)
Old 09-02-2006, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Moonshine,

My opponent would have to be right about me bluffing like 70% of the time for this to be the crrect call ( i didnt do the math, someone do the pot odds)

But that also means my bluff has to work an inordinate amount of time.

he just so happened to have TT here and (of course) stacked my ass, but i dont totally hate the play, especially if he'll play 99 like this. (how should he play 99 here?)

[/ QUOTE ]

um thats the thing i dont think he leads here intending to fold...