Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2006, 02:19 AM

Default Vegas Tournament Preference

Hello all.

I usually frequent the MTT forum, but this weekend (Labor Day, should be crowded eh?) I will be heading to vegas with some friends for a bachelor party.

I have done some research on tournys, it looks like we want to play one on Sunday morning/afternoon. So far I am looking into the Caesar's (which is where I will be staying) and the Venetian.

Caesars - $95 with a $50 rebuy. Looks like 4500 chips to start with a decent structure and level duration (and antes, which I like). Not to mention it is my hotel for the trip.

Venetian - I stayed here a year or two back, but before the poker room was built. I liked the place FWIW. $105 buyin, with no rebuy. Only 3000 starting chips, and only 20 minute levels at this tourny. It does have the 300/600 level though, which Caesars does not.

Any comments on these two tournies? I guess I am leaning towards Caesar's due to the longer levels and more starting chips, but I can easily be convinced. In previous trips to Vegas I have only played the Sahara $62 + 20 I believe it is, which was a decent tourny I guess but I hated the 12 handed seating.

All input is appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Vegas Tournament Preference

I haven't played in the Venetian tournament, but the Caesars tourney is good. Good structure, plenty of clueless players, well run by the tourney staff.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 AM

Venetian has 30-40min level tournaments. Check out the tourney database at www.allvegaspoker.com for additional info.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:17 AM

There is a post somewhere (either this forum or MTT community) that listed a few of the most popular Vegas tourneys and broke them down by M for each few levels. It was a very good post with great info and wish that I could find it again.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 AM

I like the Ceasars tourney. Just be prepared for a long day. Noon start with the final table being seated around 7pm.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the Ceasars tourney. Just be prepared for a long day. Noon start with the final table being seated around 7pm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I guess the blind structure really does allow for some play. It must be a large room if they have one or two tournies going (though one should be down to just a few tables at most) and then all the side games. I am really looking forward to seeing it.

About the tax forms, I guess that is just a fact of life. No big deal I guess.

I wouldn't mind playing the Bellagio, how do you guys like the structure/play of the 1k buy in? I would have to sat in though, and SNG's are not really my strong suit.

It looks like I will be checking out the Caesar's tourny this weekend. Maybe I will see a couple of you there [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks for the advice.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:17 PM

if you win over $600 at Caesars they give you tax forms. The Bellagio daily is $1000, but the satelite SNG's they run are a good deal, $240 and top 2 gets seats.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:41 PM

Caesars was hands down the best IMO and I played all over town in mid July. Lots of play for your money. First class operation all the way.

Also I think they have 3 or 4 a day (noon 7pm 11pm and maybe an early bird)